lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi I am tring to load poi's on to my garmin nuvi and have no idea what im doing:ROFLMAO:

I have downloaded the poi from website to my pc and then put them in to my garmin in the poi folder but when i go in they are not there any ideas what im doing wrong.

Gerry

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Are you using the POI Loader? If not it is available from here: Link Removed

Lunarman

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes i am but when it asks me to find files i want to loads on it wont do it i am trying to load the campsites from archies website when i download them do i need to do anything to them.

Cheers gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mgdav

Free Member
Aug 14, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Gerry,
I take it you have downloaded the manual from here:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download.jsp
This should explain how to download the POI Loader.
I have a Nuvi 1490T and your new POI may be under "Extras". (Go to "Where to", and scroll to "Extras", not "Points of Interest").
The only other possibility I can think of, is to check if it is the correct file, ie. csv files (Microsoft Office Excel Comma Separated Values Files).
You can change the files here if need be:
http://www.poieditor.com/
Hope this helps.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
If you are using the POI loader it should all work fine.

A couple of points to note:

The POI loader replicates what you have in the pC folder to the garmin - ie it overwrites anything it had previously put on the garmin.

Secondly, MGDAV is correct, these POI's are not the same as the "standard" POI's and are NOT located under POI's, they are under Extras.

Done this many times with my garmin, all OK.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi All thanks for the replys firstly i have managed to put some on somehow lol but i dont have any extras folder and as said it did clear my exsisting poi's so how do i update it now without losing these ones can i create a folder on my nuvi.

Cheers
Gerry

mgdav

Free Member
Aug 14, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi All thanks for the replys firstly i have managed to put some on somehow lol but i dont have any extras folder and as said it did clear my exsisting poi's so how do i update it now without losing these ones can i create a folder on my nuvi.

Cheers
Gerry

Hi Gerry,
I keep mine in their own folder (labelled, KEEP POI, incase I delete them), on the laptop and if I need to add new POIs, I add them to this folder.
I can then add them as a whole folder to the Garmin, thus not losing any POI's.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi everyone

Thanks for your replys still struggling a bit i have lost all my speed cams and wondered how i get them back also when i download on to my garmin can i select where it goes or does it just send it to poi. Last question when downloading poi to pc do i understand right that i should store them all together

Thx Gerry

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Hi Gerry

Just create a folder called "POI" then inside this folder create sub folders, for whatever POI`s you download. ie Campsites . The more you download the more folders you can create .

I have many, ones for " food" (Toby carvery , Weatherspoons etc) Shops ( Aldi Argos etc)

Just connect your garmin via USB to PC. Fire uo POI loader and let it find your Sat Nav. Keep clicking next. Then direct it to the " POI" folder you have created, click ok and it will overite what is on your satnav and put the POI folder and sub folders on your sat nav.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back