POI downloads (21,000 sites; 10,000 aires; 11,000 LPG) (1 Viewer)

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Go to this site Link Removed
Scroll down to Autoroute/TomTom Datasets
Loads of P.O.Is.
I have got this link from another motorhome forum and have the owners permission to post it on this site with the following disclaimer.

NOTE: I believe these to be a collection of known and public information and are free to use as long as they are not for commercial gain. I am NOT the copyright owner nor do I pretend to have performed all the work myself. I include them here as others may find it useful. As I do not know where all the data came from (some was given to me) - I am not responsible for the content or accuracy. If you believe this data to be copyrighted and not permitted to be redistrubuted in this way - then let me know ASAP and I will remove them as soon as possible. The data here is AS IS and I will almost certainly not be updating it. Please note, the autoroute files are the most interesting as each dataset is flagged as to where the data came from (e.g. Camping Cheque, ACSI etc) so it can be seen what site is what. In addition some sites may be on duplicate datasets but dupes have not been removed as each may have slightly different information. I would still suggest the purchase of the ACSI DVD though as that is most excellent....

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Thank you very much Hogan, been looking for this information for a long time
Thanks again :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
:Eeek:
Fortunately my hosters bandwdth tracking seems to be broken!
Hogan - thanks for posting disclaimer :)

PS - if anyone has any POIs for Iceland please can you send them on to me as I don't have any :( And as this is on our todo list it would be useful to have some. I'll merge any I get into these databases - but will not maintain beyond that.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Thanks, Hogan for this useful info.

Can anyone help, please?.
I have downloaded the Aires and Campsites into a dedicated folder (in my Document), in the zip format and extracted all the files. When I try to open them however it says Windows does not recognise these files and can't open them.
What should I do next to get the info or do I just download them directly onto the tomtom?
Lucille :Doh:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

I have downloaded the Aires and Campsites into a dedicated folder (in my Document), in the zip format and extracted all the files. When I try to open them however it says Windows does not recognise these files and can't open them.
What should I do next to get the info or do I just download them directly onto the tomtom?

Hi Lucille.

.OV2 is the format that TomTom takes.

Windows programs will not recognise this format.You need to load them to your TomTom.I'm Using TomTom Home ver 2.3.1.92.

Start TomTom home program on your pc with the TomTom connected.

Click on "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc.."

Then click on "Points of Interest".

Worked for me.:thumb:

Steve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hogan

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

After you have un zipped ,you can just click on the autorute file and it will open autoroute if you have it installed) and it will show all the pushpins then save this file to your docs.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Or if you don't have TomTom home installed, our TomTom just appears as a removable disk (say drive E:)

On Drive E: there will be a folder name to describe the maps. Can't recall the exact name but maybe "Western_Europe_1Gb" for us (maybe!!!)

Just drag n drop the .OV2 and .BMP files into this folder and tom tom will see it.

cazd

Free Member
May 4, 2008
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New - since August 2008
I have downloaded these 3 files and have used Winzip to extract the files. I have a Garmin satnav therefore need CSV files rather than the TomTom OV2 files. I have tried using POI EDITOR to convert the files, but for one reason or another the CSV file is empty after conversion. I've used POIeditor in the past to convert from OV2 to CSV and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong/what i may be doing wrong?! Are there any recommendations to try a particular site to convert the file?

Many thanks
Carol

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Great link :thumb: found a small problem with the Bordatlas Microsoft AutoRoute text file. If you import it into Autoroute it doesn't get the correct latitude & longtitude I think it because they used a comma instead of a full stop. If you open the text file with notepad then use Edit -Replace then replace all the commas with full stops it will import them ok.

Polly

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
5 yrs
I have followed instructions for downloading Follow the Dream camping & caravanning POIs and dragged the file into my Garmin POIs but only ones in Great Britain seem to have downloaded, any suggestions? Thanks.:Confused:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Go to this site Link Removed
Scroll down to Autoroute/TomTom Datasets
Loads of P.O.Is.
I have got this link from another motorhome forum and have the owners permission to post it on this site with the following disclaimer.

NOTE: I believe these to be a collection of known and public information and are free to use as long as they are not for commercial gain. I am NOT the copyright owner nor do I pretend to have performed all the work myself. I include them here as others may find it useful. As I do not know where all the data came from (some was given to me) - I am not responsible for the content or accuracy. If you believe this data to be copyrighted and not permitted to be redistrubuted in this way - then let me know ASAP and I will remove them as soon as possible. The data here is AS IS and I will almost certainly not be updating it. Please note, the autoroute files are the most interesting as each dataset is flagged as to where the data came from (e.g. Camping Cheque, ACSI etc) so it can be seen what site is what. In addition some sites may be on duplicate datasets but dupes have not been removed as each may have slightly different information. I would still suggest the purchase of the ACSI DVD though as that is most excellent....

it says I have downloaded it also says it does not know the to unzip can anybody help me on what to do ......Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back