Plymouth to Roscoff ferry (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We have never done it before, but want to spend a few weeks mooching around Brittany via the Plymouth to Roscoff ferry this July. I have got prices from Brittany Ferries themselves and the Caravan Club, and although I tried to get a quote from the Camping and Caravaning Club as well I dont have a Masters Degree in computing that would allow me to use their website.

Question is, what is the best place to actually book the ferry? The two prices I got were similar although CC were the most expensive when I expected them to be cheaper, but never having done this before for a motorhome should I be getting quotes elsewhere as well? Should I wait until the last minute in the hope of a cheaper price or does it not work that way? Any help would be most appreciated thanks.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
difficult . normally booking early very early can get a good price . yet have had it when i ring i,m told if you can get here today we will do a deal.
i,m lucky only live less than an hour from plymouth .
but sometimes its gone up .
i say if you can just spend time going through their booking site . prices do change from one day to the next . mondays can be a good day to get away from uk.
depends how flexible your holiday dates are .

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If it's only a few bob difference always book with the actual travel company.

That way you have some guarantee if something goes wrong.

Same as any purchase in fact. Cut out any middle man

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
go on a monday come back on a wednesday seems to be the cheapest days . how about mon 14july come back mon 11 aug or wed 13 aug .
these seem about the cheapest .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
ferry out you need a seat or cabin . on way back you dont need anything as its a day crossing .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Skitt

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Vale of glam
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2009
ferry out you need a seat or cabin . on way back you dont need anything as its a day crossing .

Just off roscoff ferry Monday we booked with cc club £40 cheaper than brittany ferries. We had a problem at home let us change dates of ferry £20 admin charge

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
nice one . you do have to shop a round a bit .
hope your troubles are sorted .
brittany are quite good at changing times etc .
they used to give a 20 quid discount if you booked a return . then only charged 5quid if you changed the return . they got wise to that one .
last winter i had booked kennel for my dog that had to be put down just before we left . they returned the kennel fee at the port . i left the return kennel booked in case i got a dog while away . but didnt . they also returned the fee at santander . very good of them i thought .
i always book through brittany ferries . usually in person at the port . sometimes it helps to get a discount . i,m lucky i do visit plymouth often . so dropping in isnt a problem .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back