Plugging a wall (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I need to attach a chest of drawers I bought from Ikea to a wall because im sick of them falling over when I go round a corner, they came with a little strap and hole to screw it in place on the top but I dont know about attaching this to a motorhome wall.
Do you need special screws or raw plugs ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

The inside plywood liner is very thin, I tried ordinary wood screws when fixing a couple of wall heaters but they didn't grip very well, so I used plaster board fixings, the type that screw into the board.

FXPBS35.JPG

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'me sure you will, but be carefull whats behind the panel. screwfix as a great selection of anchors.

Best of luck Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I'me sure you will, but be carefull whats behind the panel. screwfix as a great selection of anchors.

Best of luck Roy

behind the panel is the outside so I'de best be careful not to get screws that are too long !!:whatthe:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Why not use "No Nails" or Silicon same stuff as you would use around a bath etc, both of those will sick it to the wall,

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
JUst check the thickness of the wall you are fitting to, as the plasterboard fixings and screws may just go through to the outside puncturing the outer skin, I personally would use silicon sealer at the back but make sure the back of the cupboard is well fixed as you could go round a corner lose the cupboard and still have the back of it stuck to the wall. :cry::cry::cry::cry:Cheers mate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back