Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We have had our 130 bhp Swift Bolero EK for a while and I miss the extra torque that my old Nissan X-Trail had, that shove in the back when accelerating, not looking for more speed, just more torque and maybe mpg improvement, do any of the plug in tuning devices work, who has used what, and more importantly, do they work?.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I recently had a Quantum remap done by WOW (see link) on the m/home. Massive difference loads more torque huge difference on hills and mountain roads and the engine seems to run much smoother. Can't say its made any difference to fuel consumption certainly not improved as others claim but that could be me using the extra power.

Link
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Cheers for that Forestboy, will have to scan the web and see what I can come up with, glad you are into bikes as well.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Cheers for that Forestboy, will have to scan the web and see what I can come up with, glad you are into bikes as well.:thumb:

Yeah we love our bikes thats one reason we have the Hymer we have a 650 Kawasaki Versys in the garage. I raced for 15 years was a part time instructor for 4 years and last year rode a 1200 GS from London to Beijing. Had a bike since I was 13 Blimey thats 45 years you'd think I'd be sick of bikes by now, strange thing I love it more than ever. Thinking of doing some short trips this year just the bike and tent.:thumb:

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Been riding since I was 16, thats 50 years !!, still mad as ever about bikes, rode 2 up all over europe in my youth, mostly on BMW's, will keep riding as long as possible. ::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We have had our 130 bhp Swift Bolero EK for a while and I miss the extra torque that my old Nissan X-Trail had, that shove in the back when accelerating, not looking for more speed, just more torque and maybe mpg improvement, do any of the plug in tuning devices work, who has used what, and more importantly, do they work?.

Be very careful with plug in power boosters, as some types have been known to damage injector pumps. They work by altering the timing at the injector rail to inject more fuel. Also they will be an MOT fail within the next few months if fitted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Be careful with plug in tuners. The one I had on my diesel X-Type worked very well but there was more smoke emmisions when pushed and it gummed up the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculater) valve.

If you have a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) it may not last very long. There has been evidence from some people of their DPF being blocked and unable to regenerate itself leading to a big bill.

A proper remap may be a better option.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back