Plough Lane Touring Site Chippenam (1 Viewer)

superwhite

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi
Were off to Plough Lane Touring Site in Wiltshire for a week in two weeks time. Has anybody been there, if so, whats it like.

We dont have any transport so we will have to rely upon public transport.

June
:Smile:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hello June

Never stayed there as Plough Lane is just up the road from where we live, but I had a nosey round there a couple of years ago and it looked like a really nice place to stay.

You're not far from Chippenham town centre, so bus services should be reasonably close at hand - but what's wrong with using your motorhome to get around?

Just as suggestions, some interesting places to visit would be Bath (where you'd need to use the bus and lorry park if your MH is above PVC-size), Laycock (where there's a huge National Trust car park), Castle Combe (but you'd need to park at the top of the village in the designated parking area), Devizes (no problems parking there), Corsham (ditto) and lots of lovely Wiltshire countryside all around.

Hope you have a wonderful time there.

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
No never been but I too would be interested as I used to live near there when I was a nipper and often consider a trip in that area so watching this thread closely.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I live local to the site and never been there but pass it. Y quite often. Chippenham is a lovely town, very easy to get there by bus or walking. If you need a big shop the drive down past the site to the Morrisons it’s easy parking for the motorhome.

You are in easy reach of some nice national trust places, Lacock good motorhome parking if on a week day. Avebury again avoid weekends.

There is a free museum in Chippenham that’s worth a look. Some nice places to eat as well as a small cinema.

Enjoy your stay

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Good cycling, can go west into the country lanes, or east into Lacock and down to Melksham and Devizes along the canal
Not sure about public transport from there though - though it is just off the main A350 so I'm sure some goes by. A week there is a little enthusiastic!

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
You can get buses just at the entrance to plough lane off 350. There are busses to Devizes, and other towns. Also catch the train 10 min ride to bath from Chippenham.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
:LOL: Oops just saw the end post was recent. Well hope he enjoyed the trip lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun