Plough Lane Touring Site Chippenam

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by superwhite, May 3, 2010.

1. superwhite

superwhite Read Only Funster

Hi
    Were off to Plough Lane Touring Site in Wiltshire for a week in two weeks time. Has anybody been there, if so, whats it like.

We dont have any transport so we will have to rely upon public transport.

June
    :Smile:

2. Mikemoss

Mikemoss Read Only Funster

Hello June

Never stayed there as Plough Lane is just up the road from where we live, but I had a nosey round there a couple of years ago and it looked like a really nice place to stay.

You're not far from Chippenham town centre, so bus services should be reasonably close at hand - but what's wrong with using your motorhome to get around?

Just as suggestions, some interesting places to visit would be Bath (where you'd need to use the bus and lorry park if your MH is above PVC-size), Laycock (where there's a huge National Trust car park), Castle Combe (but you'd need to park at the top of the village in the designated parking area), Devizes (no problems parking there), Corsham (ditto) and lots of lovely Wiltshire countryside all around.

Hope you have a wonderful time there.

3. ips

ips Read Only Funster

No never been but I too would be interested as I used to live near there when I was a nipper and often consider a trip in that area so watching this thread closely.
    :thumb: