Please help Andy a new funster (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Can any of you good funsters, Help.... Andy, who is a new funster and is going to use his parents motor home to come to France...there will be himself his wife and newish born child of 1 1/2 years old,
He sent me a PP asking me if I could him to help find campsites in France no lower than Berck just below Le-Touquet Paris plage...as he will be travelling from Carlisle and thinks that would be enough travelling for a first trip......The only problem I only use Aires and not campsites so I am not the best person to advise this young funster....but I know there are many good knowledgeable funsters that will know of sites ...but will they be in this short distance from Calais to Berck ???..........I have advised he purchased ACSI cards or camping cheques...so if anybody could come up with some good sites for Andy .... I will pass them on in a Private message reply.

Thank you :thumb::thumb:

Mel

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Camping l'Orée du Bois near Berck.
Camping Mun. La Pinède near Le Touquet Paris Plage.
Camping Mun. La Falaise near Equihen-Plage.

Google them for more info.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ascii checks come with a book, but why PM Andy, get him signed up and on the thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Link Removed

click the above and problem solved:thumb:

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Calais area campsites, and fuel

There is a special C/Van area west of the harbour through town, which is useful at a pinch for about €4 parking fee. The dock Car Park is also possible free, esp. when returning, but the place I recommend is at Liques, a bit hard to find, but it has a cafe and separate pitches at a reasonable cost. There is one a little nearer at Guines, and 3 along the Bresle & D1015 SW of Abbeville 50km down. The Calais area has lots of interesting sites to visit too - look for the WW2 V1/V2/V3 sites (see other posts) and the Fortified towns.
Call at the TICs/OT everywhere for invaluable info. on sites, sights and campsites.
France Passion is good if you like wine tasting (see posts)
The supermarket car park at les Attaques or Ardres visible east of and close to the N43 to St. Omer is useful for a quiet late arrival and early start (also elsewhere!) and has some of the cheapest fuel ; it's hard to find the 2 or 3 places in Calais - I always get lost! ...it's on the way to Liques too, and I seem to remember that it's one of the few which accept UK cards out of hours.

The Michelin Campsite Guide France is essential as a help, even if you find other sites on the way ....
and the Michelin Atlas 1:200k too - see other posts re Atlases in Europe.

Derek

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back