Please have a thought. (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
For my dear grandson Freddie, 18 months old, one of twin boys born 3 months early.
A dreadful start to life, weighing less than two pounds each, they both struggled to survive. Life support from day one, for 3 months.
Freddie and Alfie somehow came through it all. Freddie had heart surgery at 8 days old, "do not expect him to survive", were the surgeons words at Alder Hey. But, he did. and he and Alfie battled on.
We cried rivers. My daughter and her husband were inconsolable.
Now, at 18 months old, Alfie is strong, and growing. He has a hole in the heart that will need major surgery before he is 4 years old, he is allergic to numerous things, and suffers from asthma too.
Dear Freddie, is not so fortunate. He is totally blind, and has severe brain damage, cerebral palsy, and is not in the best of health.
Please forgive me for not being in the "festive mood", but l am sure you will understand why l can't get into this "merry this, and happy that" situation.
My dear Freddie cannot see the presents we have bought him, and he will never see the family that loves him.
I sit and cry almost daily for the poor little soul.
What is life all about?

Craig

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Our thoughts are with you, your family, and especially your dear grandsons.
It is so easy to forget how fortunate most of us truly are, especially at this time of year.
Health and well being is so priceless.

Words are so inadequate sometimes.

If you can keep strong and brave, your strength will help your daughter and son and law, as well as your grandsons.

Though Freddie cannot see you I am sure he can feel your love, as does Alfie.

Callum

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Our thoughts are with you and your family
your grandson might not see the presents but he will know what they are and no doubt how to play with them, and Love is something felt not seen, your grandson will definitely know he is loved by you all

Enjoy your family christmas and making a fuss of those little boys, Im sure they will enjoy it as all children do

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
It takes a very special family to cope with all this, God chose you all for a reason he thinks you can look after Alfie and Freddie, your post made me cry also, God bless you all and give you the strength you need to overcome.We live in a very cruel unfair world I dont understand it but will say a prayer for you all tonight.One day at a time Craig:pray:

I wrote this message with best wishes, if any part of it offends you Craig I am sorry I am not very good at saying the right thing and sometimes put my foot in it:hug:

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Life deals us so many blows that sometimes its so hard to bear. I am always sad at this time of year as my son died just over 3 years ago, but i try and be 'normal' for my grandchildren. Your grandchildren will feel the love all around, they don't worry about the 'bad' deals they have been dealt with in their young lives. Hope you can have a good christmas.....

Shirl

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Craig, after a very enjoyable day with our family around us and looking forward to a pleasant Christmas day you have brought me to tears , I feel so sad for you all.
Our son Paul has a significant learning difficulty and we also have three adults with learning difficulties that share our home and we have all been out together this evening to our village hall with friends from our village.
We have had many problems throughout the 37 years of Paul's life and at times it has been difficult to be positive in any way. We have however supported each other with love as a family and lived with the hand we were dealt with. There are still difficult times but we plough on knowing that things are not always bad.
I am sure you will all give Freddie and Alfie the best that is possible in their lives to make them as happy as is possible.
Our thoughts are with you at Christmas and beyond

Kind regards
Larry and Win

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Suffer little children. Your love and bravery will help them.

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Thank you all so very much for your kind words. l didn't mean for any of you to cry, or feel upset at our situation. l know that many have had a raw deal, and l was not searching in any way for sympathy, nor pity. It's just my emotions running high, and l wrote a few words in the heat of the moment.
We will have a great day, and the grand children will certainly know how we feel about them, and will never, ever, be short of love.
l do not know each and everyone of you, nor your personal circumstances, but there must be heartache out there which surpasses ours, so my thoughts are with you, and all the less fortunate ones at this time of year.
Have a lovely day!

Craig

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Our thoughts are with you, your family, and especially your dear grandsons.
It is so easy to forget how fortunate most of us truly are, especially at this time of year.
Health and well being is so priceless.

Words are so inadequate sometimes.

If you can keep strong and brave, your strength will help your daughter and son and law, as well as your grandsons.

Though Freddie cannot see you I am sure he can feel your love, as does Alfie.

Callum

callumwa put my thoughts into words. we will be thinking of you and your family today,

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry to read that. I feel for the poor little souls, their parents and their grandparents.

My son was in intensive care for 2 weeks just after he was born with sceptecemia. he very nearly died and suffered some kidney damage.

I thought then I was the unluckiest parent in the world. Truth is we were lucky.

I hate seeing little ones suffer.

My best wishes go to you and all your family.

If I had a magic wand I would use it.

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
[HI]Craig I read this and speechless and for me that's something.
[/HI]
I wish the little fella all the best and feel for both parents, grand parents and all relatives

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We are off up to see the grand children soon, we will be there all day and we will make sure they have a fabulous day, and beyond. Thanks again for your kind words, and l apologise if i hit a nerve with my over emotional script.

Best wishes to you all!

Craig

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
We are off up to see the grand children soon, we will be there all day and we will make sure they have a fabulous day, and beyond. Thanks again for your kind words, and l apologise if i hit a nerve with my over emotional script.

Best wishes to you all!

Craig

Nope you Just reminded others have problems to:Sad:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Best wishes to you all!

Craig

Have a great day....

Give your grandsons a big hug and kiss from all of us...

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Rememberig

emotions run high for all at this time of year for differing reasons, i am classed as humbug particularly around this festive season however i have the deepest empathy with those who are feeling vulnerable, the boys have the greatest gift in that others will support them in all their plight, and what wonderful grandparents to be able to share with us how they are feeling. As yet you may not see any gifted talent from the boys but it will shine so keep us posted.:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Craig, you know my thoughts have been with you and your little grandson from the day he was born, but more so at this time of year. If ever you need to talk and let off steam about the blasted unfairness in this world I am here for you to call. Thinking of you today, as so many other days, and sending the little one strength and good thoughts. Hug to the family, Love Joy xxxx

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
My thoughts are with your family and those who have lost loved ones this year and those who still can't come to terms with losing someone.
Its a very difficult time of the year.
I hope your grandsons have a wonderful day.

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Hi Craig,

No need to apologise, your family situation makes us realise how fortunate so many of us are. We do pray that despite the difficulties the boys will have a great Christmas, they are bound to with all the love you will shower upon them. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter and her husband.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I worked with children like your little Freddie for many years.

Many of the children I met were in the infamous "orphanages" of Eastern Europe--disabled children abandoned to the state, where they lived a neglected existence. They didn't thrive. even now, 12 years and more later, what I saw still haunts me.

The children I met who were loved, cherished and accepted as they were (as I feel your little grandson is) may not always have grown as big and able as others, but they were loved, the most important thing in the world.

It is saddest for the families who love the children, and the courage, dedication and hard work I saw never failed to amaze me.

It is a great stress caring for a child with extra needs, but give yourself credit today as everything you & your family have put into these 2 little boys has brought them this far. medical science has made great progress but without that love, believe me, these children are lost.

Wishing you and your family a peaceful day.

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l cannot thank you enough for all your kind words and support. lt makes me realise what a wonderful bunch of folk you really are, l am really moved.
We went round to my daughters yesterday, for dinner, and into the evening, and what a great day it was. My three grand children there are Molly, 4 (the light of my life), and twins Alfie and Freddie.
All of them were so happy, and Freddie, well, l have never known him smile and laugh so much. Wonderful!
All his sensory toys made him smile and giggle, and when l sing to him he always smiles, no one else does l might add, but my wife sang jingle bells to him, and he was really laughing out loud! A real belly laugh that we had never heard before, so one happy boy was our Freddie on christmas day.
l thought l would share that moment with you all, and thank you again for your thoughts and prayers aimed at my Freddie, they obviously worked. Thank you!

Craig

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
how very sad, this made me cry I am so fortunate that both my grandchildren are well .

I do hope that both children win their fight and grow up fighting fit - words cannot express the feeling I have all I can say is I pray that things will work out for you.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
l cannot thank you enough for all your kind words and support. lt makes me realise what a wonderful bunch of folk you really are, l am really moved.
We went round to my daughters yesterday, for dinner, and into the evening, and what a great day it was. My three grand children there are Molly, 4 (the light of my life), and twins Alfie and Freddie.
All of them were so happy, and Freddie, well, l have never known him smile and laugh so much. Wonderful!
All his sensory toys made him smile and giggle, and when l sing to him he always smiles, no one else does l might add, but my wife sang jingle bells to him, and he was really laughing out loud! A real belly laugh that we had never heard before, so one happy boy was our Freddie on christmas day.
l thought l would share that moment with you all, and thank you again for your thoughts and prayers aimed at my Freddie, they obviously worked. Thank you!

Craig

Thank you for this lovely post Craig your in my prayers

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Your family and especially the little ones are in our thoughts and prayers, Craig.
We sometimes forget how lucky we are ourselves.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks ... Your post just gave me my biggest smile of the day....

Freddie knew it was a special day.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back