Please have a thought.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by simsy56, Dec 24, 2011.

1. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

For my dear grandson Freddie, 18 months old, one of twin boys born 3 months early.
    A dreadful start to life, weighing less than two pounds each, they both struggled to survive. Life support from day one, for 3 months.
    Freddie and Alfie somehow came through it all. Freddie had heart surgery at 8 days old, "do not expect him to survive", were the surgeons words at Alder Hey. But, he did. and he and Alfie battled on.
    We cried rivers. My daughter and her husband were inconsolable.
    Now, at 18 months old, Alfie is strong, and growing. He has a hole in the heart that will need major surgery before he is 4 years old, he is allergic to numerous things, and suffers from asthma too.
    Dear Freddie, is not so fortunate. He is totally blind, and has severe brain damage, cerebral palsy, and is not in the best of health.
    Please forgive me for not being in the "festive mood", but l am sure you will understand why l can't get into this "merry this, and happy that" situation.
    My dear Freddie cannot see the presents we have bought him, and he will never see the family that loves him.
    I sit and cry almost daily for the poor little soul.
    What is life all about?

Craig

• Like Like x 10
  2. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Our thoughts are with you, your family, and especially your dear grandsons.
    It is so easy to forget how fortunate most of us truly are, especially at this time of year.
    Health and well being is so priceless.

Words are so inadequate sometimes.

If you can keep strong and brave, your strength will help your daughter and son and law, as well as your grandsons.

Though Freddie cannot see you I am sure he can feel your love, as does Alfie.

Callum

• Like Like x 3
  3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Our thoughts are with you and your family
    your grandson might not see the presents but he will know what they are and no doubt how to play with them, and Love is something felt not seen, your grandson will definitely know he is loved by you all

Enjoy your family christmas and making a fuss of those little boys, Im sure they will enjoy it as all children do

• Like Like x 3
  4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

It takes a very special family to cope with all this, God chose you all for a reason he thinks you can look after Alfie and Freddie, your post made me cry also, God bless you all and give you the strength you need to overcome.We live in a very cruel unfair world I dont understand it but will say a prayer for you all tonight.One day at a time Craig:pray:

I wrote this message with best wishes, if any part of it offends you Craig I am sorry I am not very good at saying the right thing and sometimes put my foot in it:hug:

• Like Like x 3
  5. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

Life deals us so many blows that sometimes its so hard to bear. I am always sad at this time of year as my son died just over 3 years ago, but i try and be 'normal' for my grandchildren. Your grandchildren will feel the love all around, they don't worry about the 'bad' deals they have been dealt with in their young lives. Hope you can have a good christmas.....

Shirl

• Like Like x 3
  6. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Hi Craig, after a very enjoyable day with our family around us and looking forward to a pleasant Christmas day you have brought me to tears , I feel so sad for you all.
    Our son Paul has a significant learning difficulty and we also have three adults with learning difficulties that share our home and we have all been out together this evening to our village hall with friends from our village.
    We have had many problems throughout the 37 years of Paul's life and at times it has been difficult to be positive in any way. We have however supported each other with love as a family and lived with the hand we were dealt with. There are still difficult times but we plough on knowing that things are not always bad.
    I am sure you will all give Freddie and Alfie the best that is possible in their lives to make them as happy as is possible.
    Our thoughts are with you at Christmas and beyond

Kind regards
    Larry and Win

• Like Like x 4
  7. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Suffer little children. Your love and bravery will help them.

• Like Like x 4
  8. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. l didn't mean for any of you to cry, or feel upset at our situation. l know that many have had a raw deal, and l was not searching in any way for sympathy, nor pity. It's just my emotions running high, and l wrote a few words in the heat of the moment.
    We will have a great day, and the grand children will certainly know how we feel about them, and will never, ever, be short of love.
    l do not know each and everyone of you, nor your personal circumstances, but there must be heartache out there which surpasses ours, so my thoughts are with you, and all the less fortunate ones at this time of year.
    Have a lovely day!

Craig

• Like Like x 8
  9. SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T Funster

callumwa put my thoughts into words. we will be thinking of you and your family today,

• Like Like x 2
  10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

It's all too easy for us to just think of ourselves so thanks for your post and the reminder that we should all spare a thought for others.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Sorry to read that. I feel for the poor little souls, their parents and their grandparents.

My son was in intensive care for 2 weeks just after he was born with sceptecemia. he very nearly died and suffered some kidney damage.

I thought then I was the unluckiest parent in the world. Truth is we were lucky.

I hate seeing little ones suffer.

My best wishes go to you and all your family.

If I had a magic wand I would use it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

[HI]Craig I read this and speechless and for me that's something.
    [/HI]
    I wish the little fella all the best and feel for both parents, grand parents and all relatives

• Like Like x 2
  13. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Our thoughts are with you Craig, best wishes to you and your family.

Brisey & Pam.

• Like Like x 2
  14. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

We are off up to see the grand children soon, we will be there all day and we will make sure they have a fabulous day, and beyond. Thanks again for your kind words, and l apologise if i hit a nerve with my over emotional script.

Best wishes to you all!

Craig

• Like Like x 3
  15. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Nope you Just reminded others have problems to:Sad:

• Like Like x 3
  16. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Have a great day....

Give your grandsons a big hug and kiss from all of us...

• Like Like x 2
  17. B-well

B-well Funster

Rememberig

emotions run high for all at this time of year for differing reasons, i am classed as humbug particularly around this festive season however i have the deepest empathy with those who are feeling vulnerable, the boys have the greatest gift in that others will support them in all their plight, and what wonderful grandparents to be able to share with us how they are feeling. As yet you may not see any gifted talent from the boys but it will shine so keep us posted.:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  18. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Craig, you know my thoughts have been with you and your little grandson from the day he was born, but more so at this time of year. If ever you need to talk and let off steam about the blasted unfairness in this world I am here for you to call. Thinking of you today, as so many other days, and sending the little one strength and good thoughts. Hug to the family, Love Joy xxxx

• Like Like x 3
  19. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

My thoughts are with your family and those who have lost loved ones this year and those who still can't come to terms with losing someone.
    Its a very difficult time of the year.
    I hope your grandsons have a wonderful day.

• Like Like x 2
  20. wander

wander Read Only Funster

Hi Craig,

No need to apologise, your family situation makes us realise how fortunate so many of us are. We do pray that despite the difficulties the boys will have a great Christmas, they are bound to with all the love you will shower upon them. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter and her husband.

• Like Like x 1