Please Can Someone Who Knows This Fridge Help Us... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Okay...

I am a Rufty Tufty Offsite Motorhomer who knows EVERYTHING about van equipment PRE 1988.

My Princess's Hymer has a fridge from 1991 and has a different system to light the the gas on the fridge.

I don't know how to do it.

I don't know which way to turn for max or min.

I hold the knob pushed in to start the gas flowing and switch on the sparky thingy switch and if the knob is with "0" to the right it flashes a light and clicking happens...

but so far there has been no sign the gas actually lights and the outside vent hasn't warmed up to indicate the flame is burning.

Please can some one tell me what the lighting procedure is...

Broken Link Removed

Of course on a proper Hymer with a piezo button push ignition and a little internal window where you can actually see the flame it is straight forward.

Improvement? I don't think so Mister...

Thanks in advance.

JJ :Cool:

PS. The gas is turned on... There is gas in the bottle...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Turn the knob to max and hold it in whilst switching the igniter. Its lit when the igniter stops flashing. Make sure the internal gas valve is in the open position. It will quite posibly have air in the system and you will have to try a few times to bleed it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's a different model to the fridge on our van but the description is of a similar lighting procedure.

On ours the clicking is the piezo igniter trying to light the gas and the indication of it being lit is that the clicking and flashing light ceases. So, could it be that, even though there is gas at the bottle it is not getting through. Is there an in-line gas tap that needs turning on (or off and then on)?

If you know the fridge model number somebody may have a manual.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Check that you have the gas turned on at the manifold usually in the kitchen cupboard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back