Please Can Someone Who Knows This Fridge Help Us... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Okay...

I am a Rufty Tufty Offsite Motorhomer who knows EVERYTHING about van equipment PRE 1988.

My Princess's Hymer has a fridge from 1991 and has a different system to light the the gas on the fridge.

I don't know how to do it.

I don't know which way to turn for max or min.

I hold the knob pushed in to start the gas flowing and switch on the sparky thingy switch and if the knob is with "0" to the right it flashes a light and clicking happens...

but so far there has been no sign the gas actually lights and the outside vent hasn't warmed up to indicate the flame is burning.

Please can some one tell me what the lighting procedure is...

Broken Link Removed

Of course on a proper Hymer with a piezo button push ignition and a little internal window where you can actually see the flame it is straight forward.

Improvement? I don't think so Mister...

Thanks in advance.

JJ :Cool:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi JJ

Not sure if this will help but:

Lighting the Burner (Models with Electronic Igniter)
For models fitted with the electronic ignition system follow Item
16 up to point 2 then proceed its follows:-
3. Switch on the electronic igniter switch by pushing in the right-hand end
against the symbol '1'. The light in the switch should start Fleshing,
Indicating that sparking is taking place
4. Turn the gas control knob (4) to the maximum position (No, 3) then
press in this knob end keep it held in
5. When the burner lights, the neon tight in the switch will stop flashing
and go out, When this happens, keep the knob (4) held in for a further 15 seconds for the thermocouple
over the burner to heat up, then release the button- If the light in the switch Starts flashing again it
indicates that the flame has gone out. In this case, repeat operation No5.
6. When the burner has lit, leave the igniter switch in the 'On' position, if the flame goes out, due to a gust
of wind for instance, the igniter will then immediately start sparking and re-light the burner.
Note
: If the burner does not re-light within about a minute, the flame failure device will operate and shut off
the flow of gas to the burner-The neon light in the switch will still continue to flash, however, to alert you
that something is wrong or that the gas bottle is empty

Instructions for a Electrolux RM122 - similiar age but not the same as yours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
JJ, you are doing it correct, when the gas line is empty it takes ages for the gas to come through sometimes .. .. it's a tiny jet.. so keep persevering .

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Does the light keep flashing and the click keep clicking?
If so then it's not lit and there may either be an isolation valve somewhere that you haven't spotted or air in the system.
When I used to deliver LPG bottles many years ago I always used to open the valve for a split second before I connected them up.
This was to dispel any air that may be inside the top of the bottle.
If I didn't do it then 9 times out of 10 the attached appliance would be a pig to light.
If the light does go out and the click stops clicking then in theory it should have lit and you'll have to keep checking the freezer section to see if it's working.
That's pretty much exhausted my knowledge of camping fridges...sorry!!:Blush:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Are you observing the gas cold weather rule. What gas are you using Germany is not Portugal :Smile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks to the international nature of Motorhome Fun and the wonders of modern communication systems Frankie's fridge is now working perfectly...

I received direct contact from one of my technical people currently in a posh campsite in Benidorm (Snowbird Dave) and he took me through the process.

Apparently the bill for his time and knowledge is on its way...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just a tip JJ/ Frankie if you have had the gas off for a long period/bottle change -light the gas rings and let it burn for a min :thumb: this shortens the time taken for the gas to purge the system :winky:
terry

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
So it is a case of; 'Baby you CAN light my fire' then JJ? :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks to the international nature of Motorhome Fun and the wonders of modern communication systems Frankie's fridge is now working perfectly...

I received direct contact from one of my technical people currently in a posh campsite in Benidorm (Snowbird Dave) and he took me through the process.

Apparently the bill for his time and knowledge is on its way...

As you know only to well JJ, one of the advantages of being a fulltiming freeloader is no bloody letterbox :Doh:. Am wondering what chance the bill will have finding you at.

JJ
CO, Rough waste ground.
Somewhere in Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back