LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I started ringing around for a quote for my MH insurance ,i tried quite a few companies and none of them would insure me with my partner as the owner and myself as the driver ,bearing in mind that it is an imported vehicle and LHD , i gave up trying to find the insurance with my partner as the owner ,so in my call to safeguard i said that i will be the owner and named driver ,as i waited those few moments to hear some rediculious four figure quote ,imaging my surprise when the lady came back with £695.00 , AIB did not return my call so i did not bother ringing them back with the ammendment ,NFU said that they did not insure on the Vin plate any more "but we will quote you once its Uk registered"

Well safeguard gave me full no claims as i have not had an accident in over 15 years (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have used Safeguard for last four years they have always managed to get me cheapest insurance.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would certainly question how much no claims they have given you.
I have over 20 yrs and they still only give you 2yrs as a newcomer and that is what they recently re confirmed.

I now have 6 yrs this May with them, your quote would not be that high if you had full no claims.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I started ringing around for a quote for my MH insurance ,i tried quite a few companies and none of them would insure me with my partner as the owner and myself as the driver ,bearing in mind that it is an imported vehicle and LHD , i gave up trying to find the insurance with my partner as the owner ,so in my call to safeguard i said that i will be the owner and named driver ,as i waited those few moments to hear some rediculious four figure quote ,imaging my surprise when the lady came back with £695.00 , AIB did not return my call so i did not bother ringing them back with the ammendment ,NFU said that they did not insure on the Vin plate any more "but we will quote you once its Uk registered"

Well safeguard gave me full no claims as i have not had an accident in over 15 years (y)

£695 what van is that for?? BUSBY.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
yes i saw that you got your Rapido :Grin: i get mine in 9 days:drinks:

Drove from Swindon to Cornwall this afternoon for my first drive, had a smile on my face the whole way..:D Got a few waves and a big wave from another Rapido...

When you get yours your face will ache that night... Form the smiles :D:):LOL:

:clap2::hi5:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back