Plastic storage boxes. (1 Viewer)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
We got these a year ago at ÂŁ29 a pop from B&Q not cheap but have lasted and are sold on the basis of being vermin proof - so far so good, means we can leave stuff in the garage

Broken Link Removed

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
cheap no good.. good no cheap..

Yep! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Free Banana boxes,,,thats what market traders use...BUSBY...

When we moved house the time before last we collected loads of banana boxes from Safeway (now called Morrisons). We packed just about everything in banana boxes and numbered the boxes as to where the contents were bound for. The system worked well and the boxes could be stacked 7 or 8 high.

Many went into the garage - which was a bit damp - and were stacked on timber to keep them off the concrete floor.

After seven years we moved again and the majority of the boxes in the garage had been untouched. They were still in stacks and didn't collapse, until I carried them to a skip.

Our local Morrisons still has a pile of banana boxes.

Dave

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Depends what for and how you're going to use them.
We've got some collapsible plastic boxes that are great to store when empty.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why are you removing such a lot of stuff? The hab service won't need all of it taking out, just where they need to be to test for damp etc, other than some perishables (ie that'll go out of date before you use the van again, or those that could go 'pop' if they freeze, then we leave everything in ours. If you have furnishings/sheets/clothes you could get some of the vacuum pack bags which will compress them to a fraction of their original size.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks again all. I've just been busy - sorry haven't replied. @MinxyGirl My dealership stipulates that the van must be M/T.

They do check (allegedly :)) every crook and nanny. Certainly the report I get is full of 'x's, plotting the areas of testing for damp. I do leave a few items in, like dustpans/brushes/ useless funnels etc but the rest comes out.

Don't talk to me about 'perishables', I put 2013 HP Sauce on my chips last Saturday :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks again all. I've just been busy - sorry haven't replied. @MinxyGirl My dealership stipulates that the van must be M/T.

They do check (allegedly :)) every crook and nanny. Certainly the report I get is full of 'x's, plotting the areas of testing for damp. I do leave a few items in, like dustpans/brushes/ useless funnels etc but the rest comes out.

Don't talk to me about 'perishables', I put 2013 HP Sauce on my chips last Saturday :D
What dealership does your hab check? Its good that they are thorough but having to remove virtually everything is way OTT IMV.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My dealership stipulates that the van must be M/T.

What dealership does your hab check? Its good that they are thorough but having to remove virtually everything is way OTT IMV.

Probably because
  1. to do a proper damp check, the lockers have to be empty and if the dealer has to do it, that takes extra time.. time is money.. also
  2. if anything goes missing.. he is responsible
so if all empty, you can't claim that you have lost an expensive jumper etc

If I were doing the work, I'd want clear access..

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Here is my recently viewed clearly states the offer. I will be picking some more up today will let you know.
View attachment 81335

Found it now, by doing a search. It didn't show up previously.

I couldn't find it either until I searched for "2Pack", got them now on their way so thanks Buttons, you have turned out to be useful after all, can't believe all that ShiftZZ writes about you. :wink:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I couldn't find it either until I searched for "2Pack", got them now on their way so thanks Buttons, you have turned out to be useful after all, can't believe all that ShiftZZ writes about you. :wink:
ShiftZZ.....I think his lovely happy hooker is keeping a tight rein on him these days. Doesn't say boo to a goose. :LOL: Glad you got your boxes.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Famous Factory Shop or Poundstretcher or B&M or Home Bargains for plastic boxes that seal. Asda store boxes are rubbish. I usually check the stack of boxes (especially the bottom ones) and if they have bowed or cracked I know they won't last.

I don't buy the big boxes as they are too heavy to carry when full. I like the ones that fit under a bed :)

Stuff that won't spoil does stay in the van as a rule (except for the hab check) but anything that might attract rodents comes into the house.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012

It's Marquis that does my hab check and for the reasons that @ScotJimland outlined, that's why they want it MT.

Anyway; I've been down to my local Staples today and thanks to @buttons these boxes were indeed on offer! They were flying off the shelves too, so I bought FOUR! They are hooooge and really sturdy.

All I've gotta do now is to decant stuff from the myriad of smaller boxes into the new ones :confused:

PS @Zigisla Good idea on the trolley; got one fortunately.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back