Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Godalmig
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO
Exp
I'm a newbie
My new-to-me motorhome is very tidy except the plastic basin in the bathroom which has yellow staining and so any tips you may have for returning it to a whiter shade of pale would be much appreciated. It really isn't the end of the world, and is just something I'd quite like to do. Internet tips seem to revolve around caustic soda which seems a bit harsh!
Regards Jane

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Personally I would try using Jif. It wont scour the surface of the plastic and hopefully will get what is probably lime scale from the sink.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Trial and error I think.. if it's limescale

have you tried white vinegar.. or lemon juice.
or bleach..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, be careful what you use as my showeroom sink disintegrated because I used the wrong product to clean it and it was expensive to replace it as it was a rapido model :rolleyes:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My new-to-me motorhome is very tidy except the plastic basin in the bathroom which has yellow staining and so any tips you may have for returning it to a whiter shade of pale would be much appreciated. It really isn't the end of the world, and is just something I'd quite like to do. Internet tips seem to revolve around caustic soda which seems a bit harsh!
Regards Jane
Is it really staining, or has the plastic itself changed colour? You might be rubbing for ever if the composition and age of the plastic has time altered it.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Thetford toilet bowl cleaner can be used on washroom sinks. It cleans and also polishes. Not cheap, but worth a go see here for details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the best solution for discoloured plastics is to paint them after thoroughly cleaning them. easiest and cleanest way is remove them from the van first

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
You shouldn't use bleach on any plastic in motorhomes / caravans it can and will discolour plastic and cause it to become brittle, some mouth washes also cause damage to the plastic, when we had a caravan with a normal cassette toilet when the bowl became slightly discoloured I used to fill it with a strong solution of warm water and puriclean leave it for a couple of hours and just drain and rinse worked a treat, then a wipe round with Lidl's W5 lime scale remover

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back