Jun 4, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest SE
Exp
Very little - 6 months
Hi there

After spending the last year, pretty much recovering from horrendous water ingress and basically having to rebuild the back of our van, we are almost there! A few touch-ups and we are DONE! New floor, new ceiling, new walls, new seat coverings, new curtains and new lighting. I dread to think how much its all cost, but we are moving forward and really excited for a year of fantastic motorhoming ahead with our 4 children.

To finish off, we thought we would treat ourselves to upgrading the outside of our van from white to matt black. A bit of a risk as had no idea what it would look like, but we've had so many positive comments about it and I must admit, we think it looks about 10 years younger! I've attached a pic of the before (white) and after (black). I know some of you will say it may lose its value because its doesn't look anything like the original van, but we think its worth it!

And the cost was amazing - £1,100 for a 26ft van - including the roof! It lasts about 3 years and then you just need to get another coat which he said doesn't cost much at all. If you find you scratch it, you simply take it back and its only a really small amount to get it touched up.

So, for any of you looking for a bit of a change, highly recommend Plastidip. And when you are finished or you get fed up with it, you simply peel it off.

Remember to tell your insurance company though!

Faye

Attachments

• Painted motorhome.JPG
    Painted motorhome.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 713
  • Motorhome pic.jpg
    Motorhome pic.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 647
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I love it! An air of mystery and possibly a reject from a film set but the final effect should add £££'s to it's value but we motorhomers are a bit traditional in our tastes so, were you to sell it to a dealer, there could be some issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
It looks very different, not for me personally but each to their own.

There seems to be lots of cars kicking around in matt mode at the minute :)

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Wow, looks great ,you must be well pleased=couple of good red graphics may add a good contrast if you do get a scratch or two.
well done , a brave move turning out good

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Glad you'll be back on the road soon but I'm with the it'll get too hot in the sun brigade and if you go south of Bordeaux it'll probably peel .....

Some graphics will look good...

Upvote 0
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Good to see you up and running, Faye

Apologies for accidentally deleting a PM from you I saw and deleted before reading

That colour looks great!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sorry, i dont like it, looks like its in primer waiting for a real coat of paint

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
One of my friends had a mat finish car from Alfa Romeo, the reason she got rid of it was dirt. Oddly enough you cannot easily clean a mat finish and you must not, in her case, polish it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back