IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Any idea how planning etc applies to parking a 5th wheel or touring caravan.

i have got a place to store the 5th wheel when i import it and it has private sewer ,water and electric connections .

Storing is not a problem and it could be a possibility that we could fulltime on the site.

We would like a general view before we go to the local authorities

Ian & Doreen

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
i have got a place to store the 5th wheel when i import it and it has private sewer ,water and electric connections .
Storing is not a problem and it could be a possibility that we could fulltime on the site.
Ian & Doreen

The view of the authorities is that if you place a caravan/motorhome/RV/5ver in one place for more than 28 days, you become liable to planning permission.
Thats what the CC have the 28 day rule for thier CL's.
By quietly shopping round, you might find either a privately owned site of a farm CL that will quietly allow you to stay longer but I stress that this is unofficial and that if the local authories (or the CC) were to find out, the landowner could be in trouble or loose thier license.
In 10 years of Fulltiming, we've never found a site (in the Chehsire area) that would allow you to stay, say, 12 months continuous.
A couple of times, we've extended our 28 days (quietly) due to extenuating (sp) circumstances but generally we stick to the 28 days. That way, the inspectors, or even the busybody that might live on the other side of the hedge, can't say anything.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Ian & Doreen

HI,

I would just do it, dont ask the jobsworthy tossers and as its got sewage and services one never knows.

The Gypos do it all the time, you can always move it every 28 days and wild camp for a night and come back:thumb:

Peter

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
There could be a covenent saying no caravans or commercial vehicles to be parked in the drive.
It would be illegal to stop 28 days then go for a couple of days and come back to a site. many do it. Ihave looked at this for many a yeear 28 days is it. tecnically you cant live in a caravan in your drive or land owned by you. again lots do. i think of doing it when here in uk or buy some land abroad and do it but life can and will get you down.
Life does get complicated if you take this route, i say either dont do it or be prepared for the concequence. dont moan later when life gets you down.
many gypsies i know now have bought houses because modern life isnt set up for travelling folk.
If only we could all do what we liked!!!
Little house on the prairie go away come back . bliss!!!
Must start the net dream one day.ha ha.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
There could be a covenent saying no caravans or commercial vehicles to be parked in the drive.
It would be illegal to stop 28 days then go for a couple of days and come back to a site. many do it. Ihave looked at this for many a yeear 28 days is it. tecnically you cant live in a caravan in your drive or land owned by you. again lots do. i think of doing it when here in uk or buy some land abroad and do it but life can and will get you down.
Life does get complicated if you take this route, i say either dont do it or be prepared for the concequence. dont moan later when life gets you down.
many gypsies i know now have bought houses because modern life isnt set up for travelling folk.
If only we could all do what we liked!!!
Little house on the prairie go away come back . bliss!!!
Must start the net dream one day.ha ha.

10 years experience and still loving the lifestyle would beg to differ!
Try it ........and make your own mind up.
You may love it, you may think what the hell have I done, you may just do a couple of years and think, Ok enough's enough.
Whatever you decide, it must be YOUR choice and dont let anybody put you off doing something.
Listen to both sides of the argument and then make your own choice and at the end of the day, at least you can say "I tried".:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back