Rally Chat planning your trips? (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
How do you do yours? I got so mixed up that today I got my act together. Not finished yet but now we can see the year in a glance
CA_12091420512962-XL.jpg

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Andy I do exactly the same thing - mark in the known dates and then the rallies and events I might like to attend and then plan my year around them. A SASCO planner is a bit expensive for me so I do it on an Excel spreadsheet and print it off each time I add an event. I might not do all I have planned but then that's the great thing about a plan - it can be changed.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We book the return ferry tickets shortly after Christmas then decide what we're actually doing about a week before we set off, sometimes less. For 2015 we have some big N European flea markets we want to visit, so that pins us down to certain dates and places, but the rest is flexible. We use aires where we can, and just turn up at campsites and ask if they've got spaces - they usually have.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I'm a bit baffled by this word 'planning'.

This does not compute at all when one also needs to pander to the whims of such misbehaved people as the NHS booking service ......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
we can see the year in a glance
What's Hebden done to deserve all that time from you???
Where would you recommend please Andy? - we have friends from when we lived in Hebden & Mytholmroyd that we want to visit with the MH - up to now we've only taken a car

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thank you for that, we know Cragg Vale very well, CC site wasn't there when we used to live on Scout Road but looks a very good bet for a visit this coming year.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've been using a planning chart for years now, as I have an awful memory for dates and events. The 2015 is just waiting to be pinned to the wall, but it's nowhere near the detailed stage yours is at yet Andy. ;)

At one time I could tell you on January 1st, what shift I'd be on for Dec 31st, and I also used to have a credit card sized, 4 x watch shift pattern in my wallet. Nowadays, I hardly know what I am doing tomorrow, and struggle to remember what I did yesterday. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
There's also this with the added advantage of real ale 5 paces from your M/H:cheers:

http://www.todcricket.moonfruit.com/caravan-park/4577193354
That site is also listed on the caravan club website as a CL and gets some bad reviews, mainly overcrowding.

This is a GOOD review
"If you like Cricket then this site is for you. But beware this site has a number of faults, the pitches are on hardstanding but the whole area is used for parking, so you feel as if you are on view or pitched on a car park. the pitch we were on was near the club house and the people using it and needing to smoke were quite noisey until about 1 in the morning. Pitches were expensive at £15 for a pitch littered with cigarette dimps. but saying that the cricket was fantastic with 5 games most weekends (weather permitting)."

Reactions: CWH

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've just noticed Andy, that you and I will both be picking up our Weissbier Dunkel at the same time, ie, in September. ;) We are doing the Oktoberfest from Erding, as well as a bit of Bavaria. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I use a similar system but on a DIY perpetual wall organiser 4'x3' that I made up a few years back on a wipe clean white-board marked out with narrow black tape and permanant marker for the days, weeks & months.

Although we have a few possible outings planned for 2015, I don't start writing/marking them up until 1st January when I will clean off all the 2014 dates and start afresh.(y)

Like Jock above I would not be able to remember my name without some form of reminder and organiser.:cry:

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
That is the perfect solution, I will be buying one today and it will have pride of place next to my abacus and my valve radio.(y)

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A review without cricket :LOL:
"As the other reviewer said this site has a number of faults, we have stayed here twice and the same thing has happened both times. When we arrived the first time we were told that the 'vans' at the end (away from the club house) were leaving that day so could we park up between two other 'vans' near the club house. The 'vans' did not leave meaning there were six of us pitched up and we were "shoe horned" in despite having booked months ago. This last weekend we did have a pitch (ufortunately near the club house and the constant noisey late drinkers, smokers and lazy people who want to park as near to the door as possible) but only for two hours when a lovely German couple tried to squeeze their 'van' inbetween ours and next door, leaving only about a foot for us to get out of the motorhome, at this point I went into the clubhouse to complain, only to be told that the 'vans' at the end (away from the club house) were leaving that day and the Germans could then move. At this point I told them that the same people in the same 'vans' at the end were here the last time we were and did not move. The steward eventually moved three cars and the poor Germans had to hitch back up and move their van right next to the clubhouse door onto a bit of grass. Needless to say the two 'vans' at the end had not moved when we left (after three days) so for the whole weekend there were 6 'vans' and motorhomes on a 5 pitch CL!!! (oh I forgot......plus two large tents!). As the other revieviewer said there is no distinction between the pitches and the car park and you do feel hemmed in....in fact if there was a fire ...well I'm not sure how you would get out.....we wont be going back."

Hebden bridge /cragg vale is cheaper and beautifull

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm a bit baffled by this word 'planning'.

This does not compute at all when one also needs to pander to the whims of such misbehaved people as the NHS booking service ......

Know what you mean, our NHS stuff is fairly predictable now so we tend to lump them into a week or two of appointments every 4 to 6 months and then plan around them.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
A review without cricket
Ah... P'haps not, then. How things change - Tod was never a hive of social activity back in the day!
Thanks T100 - forewarned & all that.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Andy I do exactly the same thing - mark in the known dates and then the rallies and events I might like to attend and then plan my year around them. A SASCO planner is a bit expensive for me so I do it on an Excel spreadsheet and print it off each time I add an event. I might not do all I have planned but then that's the great thing about a plan - it can be changed.

The daughter bought a similar one yesterday from Boyes, £1.49, barg(y), she too has lots of hospital appointments. Might get us one too though:)

Andy, I do like your style, the pics of your garage organisation was great and now this:love::D

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Know what you mean, our NHS stuff is fairly predictable now so we tend to lump them into a week or two of appointments every 4 to 6 months and then plan around them.

Can't book in advance, we only get about a fortnight's notice - had told hospital exactly when we were going on holiday but while we were away I had several texts with the standard reminder 2 days before the date - obviously I texted No to cancel them so when we got back I had been taken off the list since I'd apparently not bothered turning up to one of them as they hadn't told me at all - and had to chat up the consultant's secretary. I had actually phoned the hospital from Collioure in September to reiterate we were away till mid October so would they not arrange it till the end of Oct (same as I originally told them in July), the next thing I get is a text on 8th Oct reminding me to turn up on 10th! Jenny goes regularly about every 6 months standard OP clinic timing but hers are the same. Can't book in advance.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Wasn't recommending the CClub, just knew of it. Being new to this I have little experience but hope to gain some in the next few months(y)
Looks like there could be a need for another site in this area, maybe a business opportunity there.:D

Reactions: CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That's all we can do Barsteward, share the information we've got & build up a bank of knowledge. (y)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
So funny we have spent years and years looking for opportunities to escape from the Todmrden and Hebden Bridge area, however we do have to return occasionally. If you fancy a meal out in May we will be back at our daughters pub by then , it is heading out of Tod. towards Burnley, great food and we get a "staff" discount

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
So funny we have spent years and years looking for opportunities to escape from the Todmrden and Hebden Bridge area, however we do have to return occasionally. If you fancy a meal out in May we will be back at our daughters pub by then , it is heading out of Tod. towards Burnley, great food and we get a "staff" discount

Doesn't look as though I'll ever escape alive:Eeek: One or two more things to deal with and then I will hopfully be off. Thinking of heading straight across to Benidorm and then meander down to Portugal, so may see you before May, would expect a meal/barby with 100% disscount:whistle2::cheers:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Sounds great! So many great Funsters from that area!
The pub's not a Britstop by any chance is it???

No but apart from weekends there is sometimes room on the car park for one motorhome.
Just thinking about it, the Shepherds Rest up Lumbuts allows overnighting in their car park if you use the pub

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back