Rally Chat planning your trips?

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Techno, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

How do you do yours? I got so mixed up that today I got my act together. Not finished yet but now we can see the year in a glance
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. bungy

bungy Funster

Bit low tech for you isnt it:D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Techno

I'm getting older and I hate scrolling :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
  4. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Andy I do exactly the same thing - mark in the known dates and then the rallies and events I might like to attend and then plan my year around them. A SASCO planner is a bit expensive for me so I do it on an Excel spreadsheet and print it off each time I add an event. I might not do all I have planned but then that's the great thing about a plan - it can be changed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

We book the return ferry tickets shortly after Christmas then decide what we're actually doing about a week before we set off, sometimes less. For 2015 we have some big N European flea markets we want to visit, so that pins us down to certain dates and places, but the rest is flexible. We use aires where we can, and just turn up at campsites and ask if they've got spaces - they usually have.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sedge

sedge Funster

I'm a bit baffled by this word 'planning'.

This does not compute at all when one also needs to pander to the whims of such misbehaved people as the NHS booking service ......

• Like Like x 1
  7. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

What's Hebden done to deserve all that time from you???
    Where would you recommend please Andy? - we have friends from when we lived in Hebden & Mytholmroyd that we want to visit with the MH - up to now we've only taken a car

8. Techno

9. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Thank you for that, we know Cragg Vale very well, CC site wasn't there when we used to live on Scout Road but looks a very good bet for a visit this coming year.

10. barsteward

barsteward Funster

• Like Like x 2
  11. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

I've been using a planning chart for years now, as I have an awful memory for dates and events. The 2015 is just waiting to be pinned to the wall, but it's nowhere near the detailed stage yours is at yet Andy. ;)

At one time I could tell you on January 1st, what shift I'd be on for Dec 31st, and I also used to have a credit card sized, 4 x watch shift pattern in my wallet. Nowadays, I hardly know what I am doing tomorrow, and struggle to remember what I did yesterday. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Techno

That site is also listed on the caravan club website as a CL and gets some bad reviews, mainly overcrowding.

This is a GOOD review
    "If you like Cricket then this site is for you. But beware this site has a number of faults, the pitches are on hardstanding but the whole area is used for parking, so you feel as if you are on view or pitched on a car park. the pitch we were on was near the club house and the people using it and needing to smoke were quite noisey until about 1 in the morning. Pitches were expensive at £15 for a pitch littered with cigarette dimps. but saying that the cricket was fantastic with 5 games most weekends (weather permitting)."

• Like Like x 1
  13. JockandRita

I've just noticed Andy, that you and I will both be picking up our Weissbier Dunkel at the same time, ie, in September. ;) We are doing the Oktoberfest from Erding, as well as a bit of Bavaria. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

• Like Like x 1
  14. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I use a similar system but on a DIY perpetual wall organiser 4'x3' that I made up a few years back on a wipe clean white-board marked out with narrow black tape and permanant marker for the days, weeks & months.

Although we have a few possible outings planned for 2015, I don't start writing/marking them up until 1st January when I will clean off all the 2014 dates and start afresh.(y)

Like Jock above I would not be able to remember my name without some form of reminder and organiser.:cry:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daz n Tina

Daz n Tina Funster

That is the perfect solution, I will be buying one today and it will have pride of place next to my abacus and my valve radio.(y)

• Like Like x 1
  16. JockandRita

I'm not very good at names either Charles, but faces and places I'm okay with. (y)

Cheers,

Maurice.

17. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I know exactly what you mean Bob ... looking forward to seeing you & Sue real soon.:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Thanks guys, we'll maybe give it a look, mid-week and OUT of cricket season! :)

19. Techno

A review without cricket :LOL:
    "As the other reviewer said this site has a number of faults, we have stayed here twice and the same thing has happened both times. When we arrived the first time we were told that the 'vans' at the end (away from the club house) were leaving that day so could we park up between two other 'vans' near the club house. The 'vans' did not leave meaning there were six of us pitched up and we were "shoe horned" in despite having booked months ago. This last weekend we did have a pitch (ufortunately near the club house and the constant noisey late drinkers, smokers and lazy people who want to park as near to the door as possible) but only for two hours when a lovely German couple tried to squeeze their 'van' inbetween ours and next door, leaving only about a foot for us to get out of the motorhome, at this point I went into the clubhouse to complain, only to be told that the 'vans' at the end (away from the club house) were leaving that day and the Germans could then move. At this point I told them that the same people in the same 'vans' at the end were here the last time we were and did not move. The steward eventually moved three cars and the poor Germans had to hitch back up and move their van right next to the clubhouse door onto a bit of grass. Needless to say the two 'vans' at the end had not moved when we left (after three days) so for the whole weekend there were 6 'vans' and motorhomes on a 5 pitch CL!!! (oh I forgot......plus two large tents!). As the other revieviewer said there is no distinction between the pitches and the car park and you do feel hemmed in....in fact if there was a fire ...well I'm not sure how you would get out.....we wont be going back."

Hebden bridge /cragg vale is cheaper and beautifull

20. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Know what you mean, our NHS stuff is fairly predictable now so we tend to lump them into a week or two of appointments every 4 to 6 months and then plan around them.