Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi there,
Myself and my husband, along with 3 children (6,8&10) are planning our 1st trip away in our Swift Sundance camper this Easter. We bought it in October and are new to owning a campervan. We did spend 5 wonderful months in Australia and New Zealand many years ago travelling all around both countries in campers and are very excited to experience it again with the children ( and perhaps the next trip, the dog!) in tow.

We hope to sail Dover to Calais, and spend 2 weeks in France. At some point in that time, we will go to Disneyland for 3/4 days, which can be beginning, middle or end of our time.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the coming months, but could anyone please help me with the following?:
Suggestions on where to go in northern France for some 'countryside' experiences?
Things to do/ days out with the the kids? We'll have our bikes, so we're happy to include some (gentle) cycle trips.
Any advice on specific campsites with a swimming pool and playgrounds/ activities for the kids and also more rustic type quieter ones?

Finally, do you know if a camper and can stay over night in Disneyland?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Susan x

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Can't answer your questions but .......................
welcome animated smiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, it's great that your giving your children the Motorhome experience, we travel via the tunnel using Tesco vouchers, have fun. (y)

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
One thing I will say, Easter is early this year, Northern France can be the same or as worse as UK, so weather can be a big factor. Also a busy holiday time for the French so think about if you need to book any campsites.

Travelled with both my grandkids almost since they were born, now 8 and 10 so know what you will go through :)

This is Disney parking, a bit old at 2009 but only thing to have changed is the parking fee. Now €30 a night unless one of you gets an annual pass and then parking is free....

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. Why not take in Puy Du Fou near Cholet. It has its own huge aire where it is worth staying as one day is not enough to take it all in. If possible include the CineScenie night extravaganza (additional to the evening show in the main park).

Also Les Machines at Nantes is worth a visit.

We find just meandering about and taking in the surroundings in many places is well worthwhile.

Wyn

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. Why not take in Puy Du Fou near Cholet. It has its own huge aire where it is worth staying as one day is not enough to take it all in. If possible include the CineScenie night extravaganza (additional to the evening show in the main park).

Also Les Machines at Nantes is worth a visit.

We find just meandering about and taking in the surroundings in many places is well worthwhile.

Wyn

Even just the parc does not open until Sat 2nd April this year and the Cinescenie never starts that early anyway. Usually certain nights (? weekends) only in June, not until middle July - end Aug is it in full swing.

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
welcome! 2 days enough at Disney..and as said weather will not be that much diffrent. need to travel further for half a chance of decent weather

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Even just the parc does not open until Sat 2nd April this year and the Cinescenie never starts that early anyway. Usually certain nights (? weekends) only in June, not until middle July - end Aug is it in full swing.
Yes you are right. I wasn't taking into account the timing of the trip, sorry. Mind you I never know when Easter is at the best of times! It keeps dodging about here and there (maybe it has a motorhome)

I suppose the information would be useful for people further towards the summer. I can throughly recommend it.

Wyn

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Have to say - everyone (practically) who goes there raves about it! - so I wasn't knocking it as a venue. I knew the cinescenie is never on for the whole time it was open, but had to look it up to see the dates for this year. Thought they might actually open 'at Easter' but it appears not.

We first heard of it in 1998 whilst camping at St Hilaire de Riez, think it was pretty new then! - but still haven't been yet!

Oh and Pete has just reminded me that a lot of those taking part in it are locals who volunteer, a lot of them schoolkids - or at least, they always used to be unless they are all professionals now. Doubt it really - think that's probably why it's remained so enjoyable because the people in it - are actually having a whale of a time too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
scsc

scsc

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Thank you to you all. We're spending our 2nd night planning it all.......Hubby is now suggesting mega drive down to Les Deux Alpes!
Seems like our possibilities are endless! Very exciting.
Susan x

Upvote 0

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Thank you to you all. We're spending our 2nd night planning it all.......Hubby is now suggesting mega drive down to Les Deux Alpes!
Seems like our possibilities are endless! Very exciting.
Susan x
We can house sit for you as the isle of man is our fav place lol. my avatar is taken at the devils elbow on the kirkmichael to peel road.(y)

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome.

Whatever the destination, don't forget the basics.
  • Take vehicle documents (MOT, insurance, Licence, V5 etc).
  • Take an 'Aires' book
  • Take some fresh water tap connectors
  • Make sure you have enough gas (you can't exchange UK cylinders in France).
  • Remember to look up French requirements (like carrying fluorescent jackets in the vehicle)
There's loads more to think of, but the above (if you didn't know already is a start). Plenty more info on the forum pages.

Wherever you go; enjoy!
James

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back