Planning first trip overseas. (1 Viewer)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Due to work we can only take our holidays in Jan & Feb so after two years of touring the UK in the winter we are planning to go south, Hopefully France,Spain and maybe Portugal. Never having taken the van on the continent we are trying to plan as carefully as possible, this includes fitting Gaslow bottles and a sat nav(only ever read maps before),ACSI card and All the Aires book.So our questions are :-
As it will be cold, heating will be required so can we refill our gas easily in the countries listed. On research France sounds OK but Spain sounds as if there can be problems.
We plan to tour so will we have problems finding sites open that have services where we can just turn up.We feel that we would like to find sites with electric and showers etc at least twice a week.
At that time of year would it be best to use autoroutes to get south.
Many thanks.
Graham :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Maps work fine on mainland Europe.

Spot on with gas.

See the Marjal advert here -----> for a good offer.

If you've followed threads on here you'll see that weather is a bit warmer than here but still gales, rain, hail right down south.

I think you need Morocco if you want pleasantly warm.

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
So long as you have the French & Euro adaptors for the Gaslow you'll be fine. Tomtom with Western European mapping will serve you well. Personally I tend to avoid Payeage routes as there are generally good roads alongside, all depends how quickly you want to get somewhere. Enjoy yourselves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back