Planning a visit to Holland - help needed

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kat_lewis, Jan 7, 2014.

1. kat_lewis

kat_lewis Read Only Funster

Hi
    OH has to go to Utrecht for a week in July so I was thinking we would take the MH and I could tour a bit whilst he was doing some boring stuff. :BigGrin:
    Can anyone help with some good areas to visit - anywhere in Holland as we may stay after the boring bit for a few days :RollEyes:
    Thanks

2. slverdreamers

slverdreamers Read Only Funster

Holland

We love Holland and there is a great site just outside Delft.- Delt Haute I think, you need to book, but you can get so many places from there by bus, train and tram and Delft is lovely

• Like Like x 1
  3. lorger

lorger Funster

Holland is a lovely place unfortunately we tend to pass through it more than stop over, I would recommend Amsterdam though if you've never been well worth a visit. You have all the normal stuff that is associated with Amsterdam which in my opinion is well worth a peek :Rofl1: then you have the museums and lovely parks, would also recommend a tour of Heineken brewrey.
    Nice handy site for Amsterdam http://www.amsterdamcitycamp.nl/

Also spend the day in a lovely little city/town once on our way to Lake Garda I think the spelling is Vano or similar love place for a day out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Geordies

Geordies Funster

There's Gouda, which has lots of little canals and winding streets. Nice church and also.........................................A CHEESE MUSEUM (how sick is that, a museum to the food of the devil).

If you go to Gouda and find a good campsite nearby let us know about it please.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Why :BigGrin: only two out of three