Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
VWT25
Exp
1 hour
We are planning a trip to europe in the summer in my vwt25 camper van. can anyone recommend book or website to check out potential suitable campsites. We are hoping to visit france, germany, austria and maybe italy. It really depends how the wind blows but we would like to have a loose plan sorted out. we are equipped with electric hook up, gas hob and fridge that runs on mains,gas and 12v. (although only working on gas at the moment). Hopefully fridge will be sorted out before departure. Any advice would be gratefully received to do with our impending trip. By the way its my 40th this year and this is my midlife crisis. Always wanted a camper van and to go on an adventure.
Regards

:Cool::Cool:Russ and Jo :thumb:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Russ and Jo,

I will not give you any recommendation for books, because if I did they will be in Dutch :ROFLMAO::cry:

The downside of using internet while traveling is: you require an internet connection.

We always have a laptop with us and we have Autoroute 2010 installed. This way you can use maps and points of interest on a laptop screen, rather than the minuscule :winky: screen of a navigation set.

On the web there are many websites where you can obtain different kind of points of interest, like French aires, German stellplatze, campings, shops and so on and so on.

We gather the points of interest we are interested in before we leave and import the ones we want to see in Autoroute 2010 while traveling. (Importing all you got is also a possibility but that will give a bulky display) We only import the required ones in our SatNav. (We dont use the laptop as a SatNav)

As a starter one webpages containing many different points of interest, it is in Dutch so you might want to use GoogleTranslate to have it translated to English. The big advantage of this one is that it is maintained/updated on a regular basis.

But there are many, many other places to get points of interest as well.

One example is this forum :Doh:

Regards and enjoy the trip

Paul and Ineke

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are planning a trip to europe in the summer in my vwt25 camper van. can anyone recommend book or website to check out potential suitable campsites. We are hoping to visit france, germany, austria and maybe italy. It really depends how the wind blows but we would like to have a loose plan sorted out. we are equipped with electric hook up, gas hob and fridge that runs on mains,gas and 12v. (although only working on gas at the moment). Hopefully fridge will be sorted out before departure. Any advice would be gratefully received to do with our impending trip. By the way its my 40th this year and this is my midlife crisis. Always wanted a camper van and to go on an adventure.
Regards

:Cool::Cool:Russ and Jo :thumb:

Buy the ACSI DVD from Vacarious Books.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

russT25

Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
VWT25
Exp
1 hour
Buy the ACSI DVD from Vacarious Books.

Cheers Brian I just ordered the acsi DVD and also the acsi camping card. When
I started this thread that was exactly what I hoped for. Many thanks again I am eagerly awaiting my purchase and looking forward to planning our trip.

OP
OP
R

russT25

Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
VWT25
Exp
1 hour
Hi Russ and Jo,

I will not give you any recommendation for books, because if I did they will be in Dutch :ROFLMAO::cry:

The downside of using internet while traveling is: you require an internet connection.

We always have a laptop with us and we have Autoroute 2010 installed. This way you can use maps and points of interest on a laptop screen, rather than the minuscule :winky: screen of a navigation set.

On the web there are many websites where you can obtain different kind of points of interest, like French aires, German stellplatze, campings, shops and so on and so on.

We gather the points of interest we are interested in before we leave and import the ones we want to see in Autoroute 2010 while traveling. (Importing all you got is also a possibility but that will give a bulky display) We only import the required ones in our SatNav. (We dont use the laptop as a SatNav)

As a starter one webpages containing many different points of interest, it is in Dutch so you might want to use GoogleTranslate to have it translated to English. The big advantage of this one is that it is maintained/updated on a regular basis.

But there are many, many other places to get points of interest as well.

One example is this forum :Doh:

Regards and enjoy the trip

Paul and Ineke

Many thanks for your reply I will be checking out the links you have kindly posted. Motorhome fun was recommended to me by a friend and I am totally amazed at how helpful all members are .

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
also have a look at camping cheques

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/

you can use the sites even if you dont buy the camping cheques

also check out these links from two very nice Dutch gentlemen,
Link Removed
Link Removed

they can be loaded onto a sat nav , and not only cover many countries but also sites close to major roads/routes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

emilyjeal

Free Member
May 14, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
Midlife trip

Hello,

Sorry if this reply seems a bit out of the blue. I'm working on a Channel 4 documentary about midlife reinvention. I am looking for someone who has got a camper van and is planning an adventure. I'd love to hear more about your trip and why you are doing it now and has it given you a new lease of life?

North One Television is making a documentary series for Channel 4 series presented by the actress and writer Sharon Horgan. One of the films will look at the experiences of men and women who reach middle age and discover a new passion, scene or lifestyle which transforms their life.

I'd love to hear from peole who had been battling the negative emotions associated with middle age, but unearthed their solution to a fuller, happier life!

If you are interested in finding out more, please contact me - Emily on
020 7502 5739 or email emily.jeal@northonetv.com

Please rest assured that getting in touch does not commit you to being involved in the series.

Best wishes,
Emily

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back