places to visit Santander to Barcelona (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just been looking on Google maps, there are some very nice beaches around Bilbao - thanks Momo!(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Are the Aires you are talking of free/cheap?
If you are on a tight budget you need to consider using aires, some of the campsites mentioned earlier will be 25 to 30+ euros a night in July. Some of the aires are not pretty but as a way of saving money they are brilliant.

I have a spare copy of the guide to aires in Spain and Portugal which you can have for a tenner if you want it? It is brand new (cost £17 incl postage) - I thought I had lost my copy so bought another last week - then found my original one! Doh...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I thought I had lost my copy so bought another last week - then found my original one! Doh...

Did you do the classic, "I'll put this somewhere very safe..................OH Sh**********************t".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hogan7777

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 694SL
Exp
Since 1995
http://www.furgovw.org/mapa_furgoperfecto/
We live just SW of valencia. The city is wel worth a visit. So is javea/Cullera / Gandia. The above Link will show you the aires use chrome for translating. If visiting Barca make sure you get attraction tickets online before you visit. You have not seen queues until you visit Barca.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
RebeccaKristy

RebeccaKristy

Free Member
Jan 27, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I can recomend cabarceno park we called in last year for one night and stayed for 3 days the wild life park is good we went round in van from opening to closing the park is safe no animals running free if you do go in try to get in early and go watch the bears breakfast it's like bacon butty time at a fun rally

The aires has water and waste dump and a couple of restaurants in village 2 minutes walk away
The parking area is around a lake with some nice walking treks around
Good place to start or end your journey
Was that the Aire we talked about earlier? is it free in high season? If you take your M/H around the park will you not loose your place at the Aire or is it not too bad?

Hogan7777

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 694SL
Exp
Since 1995
What are the "must sees" in Valencia? Little out of the way, but sounds good. How long do you think the motorhome drive would be Valencia to Barcelona?
"Must sees" Covered market,Placa Auyuntiamento, Ceramic Museum, Oceanographic museum and more, port area , the ceiling of the main post office,Cathedral , Time to drive Barca to Valencia depends on your route Motorway all the way 3 odd hrs or scenic route stopping along the way all day.

MrsM

Free Member
Sep 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Not so new at motorhoming now, but still learning!
We stopped a couple of nights at Lake Caspe Camping around the 12th July last year and its a great place to stop before you get to Barcelona. It's just south of the AP2 between Zaragoza and Lleida and is located right on the Mequinenza reservoir so you can hire boats etc to go on the lake. Pool is good for kids too and the ACSI discount applies until the 17th July so only 16 euros a night!

Wherever you end up I hope you have fun!

Silverg

Free Member
Dec 18, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
It is expensive, we travel from Cornwall too but Plymouth is such an easy run to on a Sunday morning and if you are on the Pont Aven, it has a great restaurant, and we just look at it as a night in a hotel with benifits! Have a good crossing.
We will do the same then, night in a hotel with benefits!!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi all, we are hoping to get the ferry to Santander, July 05. It is eye wateringly expensive! But living in Cornwall is a nightmare, as a drive to Folkestone, or even Portsmouth is a real chore on these Bristish roads.
My question is regarding the route to Barcelona. Where is worth visiting, and stopping for a while? Which routes would you all take? We are on a tiny budget (due to high ferry costs) hoping to stay in stopovers as much as possible. Will be taking at least a week to do it, then some time in Barcelona and up through the Pyrenees! Should mention that we have the kids with us (6 and 9).

Thanks
Do you want a no to get a 10% discount?

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi all, we are hoping to get the ferry to Santander, July 05. It is eye wateringly expensive! But living in Cornwall is a nightmare, as a drive to Folkestone, or even Portsmouth is a real chore on these Bristish roads.
My question is regarding the route to Barcelona. Where is worth visiting, and stopping for a while? Which routes would you all take? We are on a tiny budget (due to high ferry costs) hoping to stay in stopovers as much as possible. Will be taking at least a week to do it, then some time in Barcelona and up through the Pyrenees! Should mention that we have the kids with us (6 and 9).

Thanks
Make sure they clean your van if it's put out at the back of the boat and covered in a inch of salt......

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
That is the exact kind of thing worth seeing. The kids would really get it! Good advice re where to stay outside of Barcelona, we could have one day on and one day off that way. Are the Aires you are talking of free/cheap? I've not done this before and don't really trust that we can just rock-up and stay somewhere. The comments you have made are REALLY helpful thank you.

Only time you need to book in Spain is winter in the popular resorts and Aug...no problem any other time. BUSBY.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
That is the exact kind of thing worth seeing. The kids would really get it! Good advice re where to stay outside of Barcelona, we could have one day on and one day off that way. Are the Aires you are talking of free/cheap? I've not done this before and don't really trust that we can just rock-up and stay somewhere. The comments you have made are REALLY helpful thank you.
You can stay free overnight in the carpark at the nice old town of Santillana del mar, which is very nearby the Altamira caves. I stayed there a few weeks ago. Just watch out for the low trees near some of the parking spaces. https://goo.gl/maps/3Tw5HBtWgJT2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back