Places to visit Honfleur to Disney (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I will be travelling from Honfleur to Disney in Feb half term with a 10 and 12 year old kids and would like info on places to visit. Last year we visited Pierrefonds after recommends from this site and it was a big success. We plan to stay a couple of nights on the way at aires so a detour would be OK if worth it. Thanks in advance.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Villedieu Les Poles in Normandy. Working bell foundry. Try to get there on market day and fill teenagers with hot street food available at the Market. There is a campsite with outdoor pool almost in the centre of the small town.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Villedieu Les Poles

Yes we stayed there and a tour around the bell foundry is worthwhile.
If its market day I think the Aires will be closed. Campsite from memory is asci otherwise expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Now this suggestion will be no use to you for this trip as it does not open until April but for your next trip during the season (or others following the thread) I recommend 'Puy Du Fou'. It is near the town of Cholet. It is a huge themed attraction (though not a theme park in the usual sense) It is an amazing experience and has it's own aire. When we went, the plan was to stay overnight, visit next day then move on but the Dutchman alongside us recommended spending another night and visiting over two days. I now understand why. There is just so much to see there. I won't go into too much detail so as not to spoil any of the surprises.

It is best to book your tickets online as it's cheaper than on the door. We did this from the aire outside.

Wyn

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Only issue with the above is that both Villedieu-les Poêles and Puy du Fou are well off the route!
I would have suggested Giverny, but that's not open till 24 March.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Honfleur to Marne La Vallee in Google Maps takes you through Versailles, if you like bloated gilded imperial palaces full of mirrors :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you go round Paris the wrong way then Fontainebleu is a day out in the gardens for free. Versailles is also free in the gardens (i know thats just incredible but its true) You can park round the back at the Marie Antoinette chateau and I reckon you could probably park overnight there. We parked on teh main road about 1km from the palace but i wouldnt recommend it as very noisy. You only pay to go into the palace and you are herded round like sheep. Certainly never going back inside again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back