Places to stay in or close to Exmouth

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Nigel L, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Nigel L

Nigel L Funster

Well, after making my first post earlier today in the newcomers section, here we go with my first proper post!
    We are first timers with a MH, and as such haven't as yet joined any clubs etc.
    We quite like the idea of wild camping and staying on CL/CS's, pubs, nightstops, smaller locations etc. After reading a couple of very helpful threads on here, think we are going to initially join the CC& C and get the Britstops book.
    Meantime, once we get our MH ( in a couple of weeks time hopefully), we are keen to get out and head off somewhere. So, Exmouth is an area that we are looking at. Can anyone recommend some places in or around Exmouth where we can initially look at to stay.
    Many thanks.
    Nigel & Sue.

2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

HMP Dartmoor. (y);) Only an hour away, full board and en suite. :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. quickweh

quickweh Funster

The C&CC have a THS (Temporary Holiday Site) 12th to 26th June, you have to book for the whole period. It is on the rugby club next to the rail station and virtually next to the town centre for buses to Exeter, Budleigh etc. Devon Cliffs campsie is close but I would not go in main holiday period.

4. Pikeman

Pikeman Funster

Last year we stayed on a CC CL on the other side of the estuary at Cockwood. Fantastic views and two pubs at the bottom of the hill. Bit of a bugger climbing back up after a few sherbert's, but it was a great spot. Easy access to rail and ferry to Exmouth.

Keith :cool:

5. rb62

rb62 Funster

• Like Like x 1
  6. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Hi you can stay overnight on the seafront at Exmouth £5.00 per night until may 1st & £10.00 per night after that we stay there a lot great walk along the seafront happy travels Rod

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Nigel L

Nigel L Funster

That's great, we did wonder, as when we were down there earlier in the year, there were a couple of motorhomes parked up, which had obviously stayed overnight. I'm sure that I read on one of the parking signs that overnight stays were prohibited, but was that for a bit further along towards the town centre along side the road?

8. Eamless

Eamless Funster

The sea front is fine once you get past the crazy Golf. If you want to be in the town-centre and not the prom then you can stay overnight at The railway station. There is a CC at Topsham as well

9. Nigel L

Nigel L Funster

Thanks Eamless, that's exactly where we were thinking of, right next to the sea.
    I was just a little concerned about the length of our MH, being 7.49m. But then it's not if its going to be full with holiday makers at that time of day.
    Think that may now be our first trip out.
    Thanks.

10. Nigel L

Nigel L Funster

image.jpeg image.jpeg Well, finally got delivery of our MH and headed off down south for a few days last week, on our first ever MH outing.
    Spent two nights on site at Bath Marina, and then headed down to Exmouth where we stayed on the sea front for three nights:)
    I must say, we were pleasantly surprised that we didn't have any major hiccups! ( probably due to the number of questions that I have ask in here!!!)
    I was surprised just how many MH's there were parked at Exmouth on the front, probably 20 on Friday night, possibly more. At £11 for 24 hours, seems excellent value as well.
    Our MH just fitted, without sticking out into the road too much. It will certainly be on the return list at sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 1