Places to stay and visit South Wales (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have been contacted by someone I met on my travels in the summer and they're after some advice on places to stay visit in south Wales. Here is part of the email they sent me.

We will not travel higher than Brecon Beacons Nat. Park and in the west we go to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park for coastal walks and so on.

They dont mind wildcamping, parking and using pubs and prefer small sites.

So if anyone has any recommendation and suggestions please feel let me know.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Try searchforsites.co.uk
There's a large car park called Watton car park. ÂŁ3.20 all day, free from 6pm to 8 am.stayed a couple of nights.
Long mh spaces to the left of large tree.
Close to morrisons and town. Loos close by . have stayed there a couple of times now.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
They coul do much worse than stay at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff.

A good site, right in the town centre. Castle and shopping, theatres, restaurants etc within easy walking distance.

The river bus stops nearby giving a pleasant boat trip to Cardiff Bay with its myriad of restaurants, harbour with boat trips, the Millenium Centre theatre and " The Doctor Who Experience."

Cardiff is a great City to visit, the smaller scale of the city makes it easy to walk around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
In Powys you can stay overnight in any council car park for 1 night. Hay on Wye is not only right in the town but a gate from the car park takes you into fields criss crossed by footpaths. Some stunning walks. At night the car park empties and flat spaces are at the bottom, next to the field.
At Brecon the car park is near the canal, again good for walking or cycling.
A bit farther into Wales and I can recommend Cwmcuttan. One of the nicest sites I stayed at, very pretty and quiet.Near railway where you put your hand out to stop the train.

Edit. Tell them NOT to stop over in large car park on valleys road near Methyr, even though it has access onto mountains for walking. I made that mistake and think it may have been a dogging site............ :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back