Places to stay and visit South Wales

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lorger, Sep 30, 2016.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

I have been contacted by someone I met on my travels in the summer and they're after some advice on places to stay visit in south Wales. Here is part of the email they sent me.

We will not travel higher than Brecon Beacons Nat. Park and in the west we go to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park for coastal walks and so on.

They dont mind wildcamping, parking and using pubs and prefer small sites.

So if anyone has any recommendation and suggestions please feel let me know.

2. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Try searchforsites.co.uk
    There's a large car park called Watton car park. £3.20 all day, free from 6pm to 8 am.stayed a couple of nights.
    Long mh spaces to the left of large tree.
    Close to morrisons and town. Loos close by . have stayed there a couple of times now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. maison

maison Funster

They coul do much worse than stay at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff.

A good site, right in the town centre. Castle and shopping, theatres, restaurants etc within easy walking distance.

The river bus stops nearby giving a pleasant boat trip to Cardiff Bay with its myriad of restaurants, harbour with boat trips, the Millenium Centre theatre and " The Doctor Who Experience."

Cardiff is a great City to visit, the smaller scale of the city makes it easy to walk around.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

In Powys you can stay overnight in any council car park for 1 night. Hay on Wye is not only right in the town but a gate from the car park takes you into fields criss crossed by footpaths. Some stunning walks. At night the car park empties and flat spaces are at the bottom, next to the field.
    At Brecon the car park is near the canal, again good for walking or cycling.
    A bit farther into Wales and I can recommend Cwmcuttan. One of the nicest sites I stayed at, very pretty and quiet.Near railway where you put your hand out to stop the train.

Edit. Tell them NOT to stop over in large car park on valleys road near Methyr, even though it has access onto mountains for walking. I made that mistake and think it may have been a dogging site............ :Eeek:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1