Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
Hi all,

Touring Scotland this spring April 2017, and wondered if anyone knows of a site that has your own hot tub....
Bit of a long shot but thought I'd ask.

Si

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Scotland
Outdoor Tub
Spring
Midges

Think carefully about this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
LOL, you have a point. At least if you keep 90% of your body under water the midgies will not get at you too much. Better get a lid for the beer glass!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
a site that has your own hot tub....
Si

Loads.

One hot tub is Loch Lomond and the bigger one Loch Ness. Fine for a land where the men wear skirts and have their undercarriage dangling in the fine cool air.

Takes a bit of getting used to by the suvern wusses.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My own hot tub would remain within my property - if I had a hot tub ;):D.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Try Brighouse bay campsite near Kirkudbright. They have a pool, jacuzzi, sauna & even a bath big enough for two that you get the key for & bath in private (or with a friend)! Not been there for many years but they have always run a good campsite. Thats as close to a hot tub that I can think of offhand.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Try Brighouse bay campsite near Kirkudbright. They have a pool, jacuzzi, sauna & even a bath big enough for two that you get the key for & bath in private (or with a friend)! Not been there for many years but they have always run a good campsite. Thats as close to a hot tub that I can think of offhand.
We used to take our grandson to Brighouse Bay every Easter ....he used to love it ...thanks it's brought back lots of happy memories:)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The question that you don't want to be asked in a hot tub is "Do farts have lumps?" :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Have you seen/heard the magnificent, the inimitable, the fantastic Makems in action at a FUN meet, one of his crowd pleasing favourite renditions. ".................................... but don't follow through". Brings the house down.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
pappa
and hilldweller
you have led sheltered lives
we have a tub
and nowt better than sitting in it with friends
anyone says mucky friends gets a slap

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
Loads.

One hot tub is Loch Lomond and the bigger one Loch Ness. Fine for a land where the men wear skirts and have their undercarriage dangling in the fine cool air.

Takes a bit of getting used to by the suvern wusses.
Yes, and it will take more than a 16amp hookup to get Loch Lomond to 40°C :)

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
Thank you, I'll look that up.

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
On God's earth....why ?

Sat stewing in your own muck and the bubbles just stop the muck settling on the bottom.
Hot tub generally has no bubbles and has chlorine. The water is 40°c, very clean really. but I think I get your point. It's not for everyone sitting in a hot tub of water with other people. I'm looking into building my own wood burning hot tub at home, the wife and I rented a cottage in Yourkshire last spring, that had a wood burning hot tub and was very good for her bad leg. I quite enjoyed sitting in a hot tub of water with a glass of wine and snow falling down...very nice but not for all.
It's a long shot asking on here as most people don't do these things, but worth a shot. Never know.

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
pappa
and hilldweller
you have led sheltered lives
we have a tub
and nowt better than sitting in it with friends
anyone says mucky friends gets a slap
Indeed, didn't think I'd enjoy a hot tub until I tried it. I prefer the non-spa versions, and a tub for two is perfect.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hot tub generally has no bubbles and has chlorine. The water is 40°c, very clean really. but I think I get your point. It's not for everyone sitting in a hot tub of water with other people. I'm looking into building my own wood burning hot tub at home, the wife and I rented a cottage in Yourkshire last spring, that had a wood burning hot tub and was very good for her bad leg. I quite enjoyed sitting in a hot tub of water with a glass of wine and snow falling down...very nice but not for all.
It's a long shot asking on here as most people don't do these things, but worth a shot. Never know.

There are a few of these woodburning ones attached to cabins at our holiday site but renters nick our wood when we're not there, thought about building one but would miss the bubbles.;)

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
The do the job properly, the water complex here will have her doing the pole vault in no time...............

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...220b907f2229dc6!8m2!3d37.9847003!4d-0.6808233
Yes, Spain... it's similar to Scotland...but spelt differently.
We like a few cold places now and then to cool down the husky :) Spent many a holiday in Spain, will be going back for sure. but for this trip, we're going around Scotland again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back