Pitch patch

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by durhamahoy, May 5, 2014.

1. durhamahoy

durhamahoy Funster

Hi
    Enjoying a trip out and not wanting to seem anti social :BigGrin: but thought as a general rule when pitched up the bit of grass/ gravel o/s your door and where the wind out awning goes was sort of....well yours ?
    So far had 1 home drive on and wound the awning out onto ours.
    Another conversion with sliding doors decamp their worldly goods onto our bit.
    And another van drive on and build a rabbit run onto our bit for their pets.
    Live and let live we are here for a good time, but feel a bit paranoid.
    Guess it's the animal territorial thing kicking in.
    Does anyone else have these issues or should I just lose myself in so far off land

:Rofl1::Rofl1:

2. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Ask them if they would like to contribute to your pitch fees:Laughing:

• Like Like x 5
  3. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Get your stff out first and stake your claim - alternatively - get a gun port fitted:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

easy....set up your BBQ on their 'bit'.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Go and buy a toilet tent and stick it on their bit.

Then invite them to go for a curry with you:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

You've seen our MH then :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 3
  7. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

No it's not just you, a similar thing happened to us last year:Angry:

We'd had a really nice couple from Wales on the next pitch to us for a few days, when they left a family with a caravan, 4 x 4 and a safari room, two kids and two dogs moved in. We were on a corner pitch and then found them getting closer and closer by the time they're got themselves set up. He was hammering at something for about half an hour, don't know what, then always walking across our pitch. They sat inside with all the windows open talking loudly all the time we were there.

We wouldn't have minded so much had they been friendly, but never made an attempt to say hello or anything........we gave up and were glad to move on.

I don't know what it is with some people, but we always like a bit of space and wouldn't walk across anyone's pitch, but sadly not everyone thinks like this.

• Like Like x 5
  8. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

ah but dont forget, if you are on the continent, your door is on the wrong side compared to theirs. either turn the van round or accept that its just the way things are done over there. likewise foreign or lhd vans in the uk are back to front for pitches on sites here

9. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

I said a gun port - not a rust hole:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

Who are you calling a rust hole :Sad:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

The first time I read that I replaced the missing vowel with an 'I' instead of a 'U' :Eeek:

• Like Like x 5
  12. acdcdave

acdcdave Funster

We were on a site in Lake Garda. Next to our pitch was a German family of 2 grandparents in a MH and pup tent, trying to holiday with 2x 16 year old grandchildren. We had to ask the boys to move the guy ropes pegged from their tent through the boundary hedge onto our pitch, so that we could drive onto our spot. Also could they move their bikes they were storing on our side as well!

One night the grandfather went out and the boys' grandmother lit a charcoal BBQ. When she went up to the shop on site , the boys were busy throwing PETROL? PARRAFIN? ontop of the coals. Huge flames next to our MH Grandmother just looked on:Eeek:.
    On the other hand at a previous visit to the same site wehad a lovely young German couple next to us in a tent. When a storm threatened to blow their tent away we offered them a bed in our MH overnight.:thumb:
    "There's nowt so queer as folk ", as my Yorkshire dad would say.
    Lucille
    Staging Lady

• Like Like x 6
  13. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

It would work though I bet:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  14. DeuceBG

DeuceBG Funster

[/QUOTE]
    The first time I read that I replaced the missing vowel with an 'I' instead of a 'U' :Eeek:[/QUOTE]

Do I sense a pattern emerging here????? :Blush:

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  15. durhamahoy

durhamahoy Funster

:thumb:
    Nearly said to the ' rabbit' people, that's cool bringing tea with you..that could catch on
    :Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Movinon

Movinon Funster

There's a price to be paid for using caravan parks during holiday times and it isn't only paid in money. Some people are stupid or bad mannered or simply downright inconsiderate and eventually they will pitch next to you.

There are only three choices - make friends with them so you view them differently (preferable), get tough with them early on so they know you won't take their shit (admittedly as a 220lb bear I find this option easy but unpleasant), or move.

• Like Like x 2
  17. durhamahoy

durhamahoy Funster

No 1 is the way forward. I wonder what other pets get to go on holiday in a Motorhome. Must admit it was an impressive rabbit run. :Eeek:

18. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

We have no pets now, apart from Funster bear and his mates who go with us:BigGrin: But years ago we had to take a hamster on holiday with us when the children were young, it was to a static caravan in south Devon.......:Doh:

Margaret

• Like Like x 2
  19. Spidey

Spidey Funster

We had to take one of our sick Guinea pigs with us, as she was on medicine twice a day. Didn't put a run up though that would have terrified her !

We tend to be very considerate about pitches and try really hard not upset anyone. About 9 years ago we started camping in a tent and the site owner told us to pitch between two tents. Little did we know he basically had us pitching in the car spots for the pitches. When they got back from their day out they all gave us such looks. We had no idea what was happening. I talked to them and told them we were instructed to pitch here. When they realised it was not our doing they were fine and we all got on. Laughing about the packed in site! :BigGrin: since then we are very careful and would refuse a pitch so close to other tents.

I think sometimes people just don't know. :Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

We stayed on Battle CC site for a couple of nights on the way back from France and I started to believe that all trails led through our pitch.

Kath said for me to relax but c'mon [STRIKE]I'd[/STRIKE] she'd paid for our pitch.

Modern day bad manners.

• Like Like x 3