Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
Enjoying a trip out and not wanting to seem anti social ::bigsmile: but thought as a general rule when pitched up the bit of grass/ gravel o/s your door and where the wind out awning goes was sort of....well yours ?
So far had 1 home drive on and wound the awning out onto ours.
Another conversion with sliding doors decamp their worldly goods onto our bit.
And another van drive on and build a rabbit run onto our bit for their pets.
Live and let live we are here for a good time, but feel a bit paranoid.
Guess it's the animal territorial thing kicking in.
Does anyone else have these issues or should I just lose myself in so far off land

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi
Enjoying a trip out and not wanting to seem anti social ::bigsmile: but thought as a general rule when pitched up the bit of grass/ gravel o/s your door and where the wind out awning goes was sort of....well yours ?
So far had 1 home drive on and wound the awning out onto ours.
Another conversion with sliding doors decamp their worldly goods onto our bit.
And another van drive on and build a rabbit run onto our bit for their pets.
Live and let live we are here for a good time, but feel a bit paranoid.
Guess it's the animal territorial thing kicking in.
Does anyone else have these issues or should I just lose myself in so far off land

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ask them if they would like to contribute to your pitch fees:roflmto:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Get your stff out first and stake your claim - alternatively - get a gun port fitted:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Go and buy a toilet tent and stick it on their bit.

Then invite them to go for a curry with you:thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
No it's not just you, a similar thing happened to us last year:Angry:

We'd had a really nice couple from Wales on the next pitch to us for a few days, when they left a family with a caravan, 4 x 4 and a safari room, two kids and two dogs moved in. We were on a corner pitch and then found them getting closer and closer by the time they're got themselves set up. He was hammering at something for about half an hour, don't know what, then always walking across our pitch. They sat inside with all the windows open talking loudly all the time we were there.

We wouldn't have minded so much had they been friendly, but never made an attempt to say hello or anything........we gave up and were glad to move on.

I don't know what it is with some people, but we always like a bit of space and wouldn't walk across anyone's pitch, but sadly not everyone thinks like this.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
ah but dont forget, if you are on the continent, your door is on the wrong side compared to theirs. either turn the van round or accept that its just the way things are done over there. likewise foreign or lhd vans in the uk are back to front for pitches on sites here

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
We were on a site in Lake Garda. Next to our pitch was a German family of 2 grandparents in a MH and pup tent, trying to holiday with 2x 16 year old grandchildren. We had to ask the boys to move the guy ropes pegged from their tent through the boundary hedge onto our pitch, so that we could drive onto our spot. Also could they move their bikes they were storing on our side as well!

One night the grandfather went out and the boys' grandmother lit a charcoal BBQ. When she went up to the shop on site , the boys were busy throwing PETROL? PARRAFIN? ontop of the coals. Huge flames next to our MH Grandmother just looked on:Eeek:.
On the other hand at a previous visit to the same site wehad a lovely young German couple next to us in a tent. When a storm threatened to blow their tent away we offered them a bed in our MH overnight.:thumb:
"There's nowt so queer as folk ", as my Yorkshire dad would say.
Lucille
Staging Lady

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
we had a lovely young German couple next to us in a tent. When a storm threatened to blow their tent away we offered them a bed in our MH overnight.:thumb:
Staging Lady

[/QUOTE]
The first time I read that I replaced the missing vowel with an 'I' instead of a 'U' :Eeek:[/QUOTE]

Do I sense a pattern emerging here????? :Blush:

Last edited:

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
There's a price to be paid for using caravan parks during holiday times and it isn't only paid in money. Some people are stupid or bad mannered or simply downright inconsiderate and eventually they will pitch next to you.

There are only three choices - make friends with them so you view them differently (preferable), get tough with them early on so they know you won't take their shit (admittedly as a 220lb bear I find this option easy but unpleasant), or move.

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
There's a price to be paid for using caravan parks during holiday times and it isn't only paid in money. Some people are stupid or bad mannered or simply downright inconsiderate and eventually they will pitch next to you.

There are only three choices - make friends with them so you view them differently (preferable), get tough with them early on so they know you won't take their shit (admittedly as a 220lb bear I find this option easy but unpleasant), or move.

No 1 is the way forward. I wonder what other pets get to go on holiday in a Motorhome. Must admit it was an impressive rabbit run. :Eeek:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
No 1 is the way forward. I wonder what other pets get to go on holiday in a Motorhome. Must admit it was an impressive rabbit run. :Eeek:

We have no pets now, apart from Funster bear and his mates who go with us::bigsmile: But years ago we had to take a hamster on holiday with us when the children were young, it was to a static caravan in south Devon.......:Doh:

Margaret

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We had to take one of our sick Guinea pigs with us, as she was on medicine twice a day. Didn't put a run up though that would have terrified her !

We tend to be very considerate about pitches and try really hard not upset anyone. About 9 years ago we started camping in a tent and the site owner told us to pitch between two tents. Little did we know he basically had us pitching in the car spots for the pitches. When they got back from their day out they all gave us such looks. We had no idea what was happening. I talked to them and told them we were instructed to pitch here. When they realised it was not our doing they were fine and we all got on. Laughing about the packed in site! ::bigsmile: since then we are very careful and would refuse a pitch so close to other tents.

I think sometimes people just don't know. :Sad:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We stayed on Battle CC site for a couple of nights on the way back from France and I started to believe that all trails led through our pitch.

Kath said for me to relax but c'mon [STRIKE]I'd[/STRIKE] she'd paid for our pitch.

Modern day bad manners.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
A couple of years on Castle Barnard C&CC site we were backed on to a hedge, which we prefer as we have dogs. after a bit the teenagers from the caravan on the the next pitch, were walking backwards and forweards between the back of our caravan and the hedge, no wonder our dogs were barking like mad, I politely ask them not to, walk down the road in front of the vans, I got a mouthful of abuse, so I said there was no need for tat language, I had asked them properly , also explained the reason why, didn`t want my dogs to be annoying to the other campers.

Half an hour later as we were having dinner, there was such a bang on the side of our van, it was their mother playing hell with me for telling her kids not to round the back of our van.

My husband saw red, didn`t say anything, he just ran some rope between our van and the hedge, they had to step over our waste master, I despair at the bad manners of some today, that is why like to go at the end next to a hedge or bushes so no-one goes round our pitch. perhaps I should do the same to them, then again that would make me as bad as they are. I keep the dogs under control, why can`t the parents do the same for the kids,? I do avoid going in school holidays, sometimes the kids are on site anyway, perhaps an adult only site would be the best bet. I don`t think it right I should have to .:Eeek:

Margaret

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we parked on a site in devon.there was 2 empty sites next to us one being a corner site.then one of the biggest caravan pulled.and two very f-- people got out and tried to push the van on to their pitch.i offerd to help and got told to f----- o--.so I went back to my van got a bottle of beer.sat down and watched it took them nearly four hours to put it all up.he took up both pitches.their awning was as big as their van.my wife and I was getting quite tipsy by the time they had put it up.so we went to the toilets'and then stopped for a takeaway.then we went back to our van.and there was the site owner going mad.not had they taken up two pitches.they had then put out wind breaks taking up part of my pitch and about one third of a 3rd pitch.then they had parked their car about 3 feet from my front door.the camp owner was making them take it all down again.we was really tipsy by the time they had taken it all down again.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back