Pirelli carrier camper tyres (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
Hi all , I need a new set of tyres on the van been looking at the Pirelli carrier camper tyres £95 a pop! same spec as the Michellin Agillis camper ones at£126 has anyone had any experience with the Pirelli camper ones ?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi,
I asked the same question a couple of months ago. I don't think anyone on here had used them. I will be replacing my tyres next spring and would appreciate any feed back on the Pirelli tyres. They do look to be a good price and Pirelli do have a good reputation so I think I will be going for them.
Glenn.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Looking at renewing our tyres before our trip in august,so will watch with interest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
Just replaced my Pirelli tyres as the fronts suddenly developed deep sidewall cracks. Wouldn't have them again and replaced them with Michelin Agelis Camper at £103 each. Bought them online through Black Circles and they were fitted at my nominated tyre garage two days later. It all went seamlessly.

OP
OP
N

Nobody

Deleted User
Just replaced my Pirelli tyres as the fronts suddenly developed deep sidewall cracks. Wouldn't have them again and replaced them with Michelin Agelis Camper at £103 each. Bought them online through Black Circles and they were fitted at my nominated tyre garage two days later. It all went seamlessly.
how old was your pirelli tyres before they had cracks in the side walls? at the moment i have Michellin agellis & goodyear tyres on the van & all have cracks in the side wall im not sure what age the tyres are as i only bought the van last september the tread on them looks new but still going to change them anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

Nobody

Deleted User
Hi,
I asked the same question a couple of months ago. I don't think anyone on here had used them. I will be replacing my tyres next spring and would appreciate any feed back on the Pirelli tyres. They do look to be a good price and Pirelli do have a good reputation so I think I will be going for them.
Glenn.
Hi Glenn, the pirelli camper are the same spec as the michellin agillis camper, pirelli came out on top in the test in wet weather(y)

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
kwik fit on line worth a check. they surprised me. cheaper by £10 per tyre than blackcircles.

Michellin agilis campers 215 70 15 £100.07

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
try "etyres" not tried them myself but prices seem good online and they come to you, to fit them

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Jaws has posted a big vote for HANKOOK on here before.
Worth a look.
Mitch.

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
Haddy - The Pirelli tyres had been on the van since it was new in 2009, so they had reached their sell by date, despite having plenty of tread left at 23000 miles. There is a code stamped into the tyre with the manufacture date. If you do a search it should be easy to find the age of your tyres.

OP
OP
N

Nobody

Deleted User
Haddy - The Pirelli tyres had been on the van since it was new in 2009, so they had reached their sell by date, despite having plenty of tread left at 23000 miles. There is a code stamped into the tyre with the manufacture date. If you do a search it should be easy to find the age of your tyres.
Ive took the van in for a new cam belt today i asked the guy to check the date for me he said they are 2007 so need changing im going to order the pirelli camper same spec as the Michelin camper & came out on top in the tyre test at £100 cheaper for 4 tyres cheers (y)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Ive took the van in for a new cam belt today i asked the guy to check the date for me he said they are 2007 so need changing im going to order the pirelli camper same spec as the Michelin camper & came out on top in the tyre test at £100 cheaper for 4 tyres cheers (y)
One major difference, the michelins are M&S marked, the pirellis are summer spec

OP
OP
N

Nobody

Deleted User
One major difference, the michelins are M&S marked, the pirellis are summer spec
PRODUCTS » Van Tyres - Trailer Tyres - Caravan Tyres - Motorhome Tyres - Minibus Tyres - 16" » » » COMPARISONS IN R16" - 215/75/16, 215/75R16 CP Camper

Make & Model Michelin Tyres / Van / Michelin Agilis Camping -
215/75 R16 CP 113Q TL
Pirelli Tyres / Van / Pirelli Carrier Camper -
215/75 R16 CP 113R TL

Price £122.90 £94.40
2 Working Day(s) Dispatch if ordered before 4:00pm (Mon-Fri) Same Working Day(s) Dispatch if ordered before 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)

Year Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 70dB Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 71dB
Description 215/75R16 CP 113Q TL Michelin Agilis Camping 215/75R16 CP 113R TL Pirelli Carrier Camper
Width 215 215
Profile 75 75
Con. R R
Rim 16 16
Type CP CP
Load 113 113
Speed Q R
TL/TT TL TL
Brand Michelin Pirelli
Model Agilis Camping Carrier Camper
EU Label - Fuel Efficiency C C
EU Label - Wet Grip B A
EU Label - Noise Class 2 2
EU Label - Noise dB 70 71
EU Label - Category C2 C2
EU Label - Spec. 1222/2009 1222/2009

m&s marked:confused:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
m&s marked:confused:?
Mud & Snow, much better tread pattern so gives better grip all year round, especially on wet fields, and snow obviously!!
And if you venture abroad in the winter is acceptable as a winter tyre in most places apart from further north

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I've had two maxxis fitted on the front they seem quite enough when your driving a fair way road noise can be quite an issue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back