Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584 1994
Exp
since 2009
Hi, the PIR sensor light on the outside of my 1994 Hymer B584 doesn’t work. Took it apart (bulbs ok) and cleaned a rusty terminal, but in doing so a blue and a brown lead came adrift. Can anybody tell me how to rewire them back into the central block? One blue lead in the block (the first of the three in the block) is attached to a pink lead that goes to a bulb. Does the central block go blue, blue, brown or blue, brown blue? The central terminal in the block has two black leads going into it. Would the blue or brown go to that? Will anything blow or go bang if I rewire incorrectly? Thanks

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, the PIR sensor light on the outside of my 1994 Hymer B584 doesn’t work. Took it apart (bulbs ok) and cleaned a rusty terminal, but in doing so a blue and a brown lead came adrift. Can anybody tell me how to rewire them back into the central block? One blue lead in the block (the first of the three in the block) is attached to a pink lead that goes to a bulb. Does the central block go blue, blue, brown or blue, brown blue? The central terminal in the block has two black leads going into it. Would the blue or brown go to that? Will anything blow or go bang if I rewire incorrectly? Thanks
No idea sorry but welcome to the forum :HelloThere:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Cannot be definitive, BUT. Generally BLACK denotes a negative lead. In the UK Brown can be "live" (Positive) and Blue (Negative). A test meter would show if the Circuit is Positive or negative.

Best (Safest) would be to get hold of an Electrician with DC experience, (or a competent mate with a Test meter).

IF you had asked the question last week. I was camped near the Eden Project!!. (with my Test Meter!):D

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rogerjardine

rogerjardine

Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584 1994
Exp
since 2009
Thanks Pete. Probably pop into Halfords and speak to a knowledgeable guy. Cheers.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Oh. and just to complicate matters. My Rapido has Red Live and Blue Negative!. My R-V had WHITE negative and Black Live.

WTF.!!

Pete

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Cannot be definitive, BUT. Generally BLACK denotes a negative lead. In the UK Brown can be "live" (Positive) and Blue (Negative). A test meter would show if the Circuit is Positive or negative.

Best (Safest) would be to get hold of an Electrician with DC experience, (or a competent mate with a Test meter).

IF you had asked the question last week. I was camped near the Eden Project!!. (with my Test Meter!):D

Pete

Unless its an Autotrail and the negative is ORANGE.. :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
My 91 Hymer has all sorts, black + and brown -' white + and brown -, blue + and brown -, and that's the original wiring, the idiot who owned it before me obviously went to the same school as Hymer, I have one set where + & - are both green/yellow earth cable. :blush:

Hymie

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Halfords and knowledgeable in the same sentence......don't make me laugh !

Oxymoron I think? John?. (From Oxy the need to take several deep breaths when listening to the Halford "expert") and moron (from the quality of intelligence exhibited by most Halford "Experts")

Pete

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
German wiring is Brown for neg and Blue for pos

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun