Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Does anyone have experience of this unit? Is it any good as a motorhome SatNav/Entertainment Centre/Display for cameras etc.?

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Dont know about that one but have a look at the AVIC F960DAB_C more for the motorhome I think one of the members on here sells them they might know more.
Gary.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aminthule

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Thanks Archer, a typo on my part, it should have read AVIC F960DAB. Does the "C" suffix denote that it's for commercial vehicles?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
I have one in my pick up, it is a good bit of kit although I probably don't use all that it has available. The navigation seems good although as I've had a Becker for years I find the route choices & parameter settings a bit lacking, but the pre installed mapping seems pretty up to date & free online updates is always good. I have 2 cameras connected, 1 on the vehicle as regular reverse camera & a second on the back of our 5er which goes in to the aux AV input & is selected manually. I did get the mirrorlink app to use with my android phone (Samsung Galaxy) but was disappointed with it as it didn't seem to do anything more than display phone contacts & call history which the unit does through Bluetooth anyway, so did away with that, it appears that I will need to source extra cables to run the unit in app mode, which wasn't made clear when I bought it! The most annoying feature is the delay on start up highlighted on my truck as when you turn the key from run to start the unit has to reboot when you return to run. I've been trying to work out a way of keeping power to the unit when starting to avoid this, it may not be a problem with newer canbus vehicles, i.e. if your radio doesn't cut out when starting it should be fine. The Bluetooth works seamlessly & has never failed to auto connect so far (I have only had it for 9 months) I think it may be more compatible with iPhone but can't comment as haven't tried although it is fine with an iPod.
HTH Rob

Upvote 0

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
Just googled the 960 DAB-C & it seems that they have a new & improved version, be interesting to see if I can get an upgrade, as in software, don't want to be paying out for a new unit!

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We have an older version of the above( AVIC F220) I think as a camera it works well, radio average can be difficult to tune maybe Dab will be better SAT NAV easy to use but expensive to update I would certainly look at other options if I was buying again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
The older AVIC units were very expensive to update as you had to but CDs from Pioneer @ around £120 a time IIRC, the new ones are free, DAB is pretty good & should get better as more transmitters are added but it doesn't work abroad.

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Aminthule the C means camper vans version the latest version is suppose to good but I understand Pioneer are having trouble sorting out the i phone music app at the moment make sure it has AVIC-F160 hideaway nav unit and AVreceiver it comes with camp sites dont know which ones?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aminthule

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Thank you all for your opinions. I'm new to larger vehicles/cameras/SatNav so I'm on a steep learning curve. Sounds like it's a reasonable unit to go for though.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back