Pioneer AVIC-F77DAB Head unit (1 Viewer)

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Does anyone have any experience of the Pioneer AVIC-F77DAB in use in a motorhome? I'd be pleased to hear from you if you do. Thanks.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
....or indeed any similar pioneer head unit.

Bumping this as I'm having some issues with a different pioneer unit....

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've got a Pioneer X3600DAB head unit with the AVIC F160 camper/truck satnav module in the MH.

Not had any issues with it though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
I have an Avic 920bt, impressed all-round and would consider up grading to the later model at some point.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I've just fitted anBroken Link Removed to mine. Very pleased, even with the original speakers which I do need to upgrade.

OP
OP
Aminthule

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
I have the AVICS F77DAB unit in my motorhome and I have generally found it ok, but....... it doesn't have the ability to set the vehicle's dimensions in it however it allegedly learns suitable routes etc. based on where you have been. It hasn't caused me any issues to date, but I've never been convinced that it does this. My biggest concern with it is the lack of map updates that are available, there was a firmware update a year ago, but I'm waiting for clarification from Pioneer that it does contain map updates. It generally served us well for the three and a half weeks we spent in France last year, but we did have two funny incidents where the unit tried to send us down non-existent roads that were part of road interchanges on the maps, but which didn't exist on the ground. I certainly wouldn't rely on it, but I presume that's true of most SatNav units?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back