Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB (2 Viewers)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Halfords selling these for £299 which is a cracking price. Does anyone know if it will fit into the new 2017 Ducato?

Link Removed

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Exactly what im interested in, look forward to any replies.

Mickey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Be very careful! I've got a Panasonic, the viewing angle is atrocious, make sure you look at it as if it's fitted, ie from low down and to one side. Also the touch screen is very iffy

Malcolm

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
anything will fit anywhere within reason.
but its not always plug and play.

as for the link to Warrington car audio. I wouldn't touch then with a barge pole.
if you want a proper decent alpine at a decent price pm me ill give you the details of someone who's got great stock

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Standard double din so yes it will fit, you will had to mod the plastic surond ( cut out the centre bar) you will also need to buy a cage.
Why not spend a bit more and get one with satnav.
I bought my Clarion online from ARS24 big German retailer saved £120 over best UK price.

OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
You can plug an iPhone into it and bring Google maps or any app with maps, so built in Sat nav not necessarily required. I also notice that Van bitz install these so I would assume it would fit nicely into the ducato.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can plug an iPhone into it and bring Google maps or any app with maps, so built in Sat nav not necessarily required. I also notice that Van bitz install these so I would assume it would fit nicely into the ducato.
But you can never guaranty a data connection and when you get stuck you are bound to not have downloaded the offline maps. I know there are other mapping apps you can download but just so much easier with it built in. For the sake of a couple of hundred quid when you are fitting it to vehicle costing 50-100k or more not worth the hassle and you can still transfer it to the next van.
Just taken my Clarion out and put a cheap eBay unit in before trading.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
as for the link to Warrington car audio. I wouldn't touch then with a barge pole.

I don't have a clue who that Car Audio bunch are, their outlets are nowhere near me. However, their listed prices for some head units are fairly competitive when searching the interweb, which Halfords have confirmed they will price match having shown them the links.

Lenny raises a salient point regarding connectivity and maps etc. I would also double check the head unit does what you need, it doesn't have Apple CarPlay listed, but I've no clue if you would need it or not for navigation (maybe it mirrors the iPhone screen though?).

OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
I was planning to use Nav U on tablet anyway. I have downloaded all the uk and euro maps already. Having the added bonus of a DAB radio, DVD and iPhone plugin is exactly what I need. I get the argument for a much more expensive option with built in satnav but as technology moves at a fast pace Apps are now just as good as tom tom or Garmin maps

Co pilot being the prime example

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Fair comment. If the head unit meets your requirements then it seems a decent price. We are trying to declutter, the van we've recently acquired came with non-DAB stereo, a reversing camera screen, a Parrot hands free system and we then use an old Garmin Camper satnav. I'm quite keen to consolidate all that into a single unit and get rid of various dashboard add-ons and associated cables etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back