Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
DIY and checking looks fine to me..
I have something similar that i got from China for under ÂŁ20.
My view, you are just looking for anything "out the ordinary" so if you find a high reading you can at least get it investigated further. After each Habitation check by NCC approved engineer i go around areas of my van with my own DIY meter, readings are not the same (most times mine shows higher) but at least i know it's a problem area..

This is same as mine but prices seem to have gone up.
Link Removed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I prefer the pin-prick versions - at least they're taking a direct resistance reading. Most pricks can be kept behind seals or trim. Or in parts of society where pricks are the norm :D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I prefer the pin-prick versions - at least they're taking a direct resistance reading. Most pricks can be kept behind seals or trim. Or in parts of society where pricks are the norm :D.

LOL..... I recall once I was in hospital and a nurse came in and said "just a little prick"... I almost said "YES".. :xrofl::xrofl:

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Speaking with Phil of Towtal his opinion was the pin less could give an incorrect reading due to the plastic covering used to line vans, as Tonyidle say's you can always test in a inconspicuous area or behind a trim

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What if you need to take a reading in an area that doesn't have trims or seals?

Readings need to be taken where they need to be taken, not just any random convenient place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back