Pilote Window Blinds (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
The front blinds on my A class van have puckered in a couple of places and do not concertina up correctly any more. The blind is double a double thickness material and i have tried to gently tease these areas back into their original state. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and is there a quick fix? The van is still under warranty and i intend to mention it when i take it for its habitation check.:whistle:

:merci:

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
We have just one blind like this on roof over a heki,it did the same thing 6 months ago.I hope you have better luck than us,because of where ours is the van would have to be virtually taken apart to replace it :(............unless anyone knows any different ?

Rick

Free Member
Jun 19, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our Pilote windscreen blind has done the same too, despite carefully opening & closing.
Dealer, SMC, won't put it forward as a warranty claim, states it's us that's damaged it obviously, fair wear & tear

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just found this thread. No issues with the front blind apart from a few white bits of dust, but we can blame the dog for the door blind - I think he was trying to kill Dawn B at the time (having innocently knocked on the door). It was a sod to straighten.

All three heki roof lights have had the string ping off as happened in the last van. I forgot that a bit of dry lubricant can prevent the slight stickiness which tends to lead to this happening - shows that I am a slow learner. On the advice of Chris from Hayes the dealer, getting the blind off is a matter of fingernails under the plastic and pull down fairly hard. It is then a 5 minute job to fix it. I was worried about the winding handle (last van didn't have this) but it just slots out and needs a wiggle to get it back in afterwards (ooer...missus)

Can't offer advice about the front blind but a bit surprised as they are a fairly generic item and haven't read of any other issues. Best of luck

OP
OP
Petros
Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
I got mine blind replaced by Hayes. I sent a photo of the damage which they forwarded to Pilote. Then when i took the van for habitation service the replacement had arrived and duly fitted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I got mine blind replaced by Hayes. I sent a photo of the damage which they forwarded to Pilote. Then when i took the van for habitation service the replacement had arrived and duly fitted
That is very typical of Hayes customer service; they respond very well to reasonable requests. I would not hesitate to buy from them again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back