Pictures of our Globecar Campscout (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Just got back from 4 nights at Peterborough with funsters and everything worked fine and nothing dropped off or broke, we had the best 4 nights sleep ever in a motorhome with that 2 metre luxury bed.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
I've fitted a double socket in place of the small single that Globecar fitted, and fitted tv bracket.

John.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Just a thought did you consider putting in a double socket in the same style with twin USB ports for charging purposes

I'm fitting one of these from my leisure batteries.

John.

Car Cigarette Lighter Socket 2 USB Charger Voltmeter Voltage Meter 12V-24V MA828

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Great! I am pleased that you liked the idea and managed to implement it. Good job done!

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
@Neckender any chance of getting a picture or two of how you've connected up your twin USB socket please. Looks a great idea.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nice van, the quality of Globecar fittings is very good ... after 2 years of ownership of ours I can confirm it is very hardwearing and forgiving ... no damage even when a heffalump of a dog falls off the dinette seat and hits the cupboard! :D

I removed the 2 plastic covers on the rear of the cab seat bases in ours and replaced them with 2 flat panels installing a 12v socket unit similar to yours in the one under the passenger seat with the benefit that the extra space means that our dog Romy can lay out fully in her bed; the one behind the drivers seat has left space for an oblong storage box to put things like dog leads, poo bags etc in for easy access.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I've wired 20 amp cable from leisure battery with a flat blade fuse, to the ciggy socket and piggy backed from that lower ampage cable with a 5 amp fuse to the switch and piggy backed from the switch to the battery monitor and USB socket.
So the ciggy socket is permanent live, and the battery monitor and USB socket only work when switch is operated.
This is the switch I bought from eBay as well.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130873093209?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

John.
Ps this is all fitted to the rear of the drivers seat base.

Last edited:

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Looking for some more advice when installing the 12v socket / tester as shown by @Neckender.
I've purchased a socket / tester as shown below and intend to install this on the drivers seat base. I'm hoping to complete this over the next few days and just wondering:
- how is the connection made to the battery?
- I'm planning on using 20amp cable for the whole job, as this is what I have, but for installing a similar setup as neckenders, what size fuses should I be using? Can't find much information about what the various sockets can draw.
- how did you secure the socket securely to the seat base?
Hope the questions aren't to basic. Thanks.

Attachments

• 12v socket.jpeg
    12v socket.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 13

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Great looking motor!

Did you get it from Signature? (I'm looking for some dealer reviews)

I bought from signature. Very good company to deal with so far. I Had some extras fitted by them such as lights and TV ariel, excellent work. I had an issue with swarf on the roof going rusty which they quickly sorted.

The fiat Base had recall easily sorted by Pentagon the local fiat dealer in two weeks rather than five some other people have had to wait.

I have not done a review yet as I have only had the van three months.

If you would like to know more pm me.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I've wired 20 amp cable from leisure battery with a flat blade fuse, to the ciggy socket and piggy backed from that lower ampage cable with a 5 amp fuse to the switch and piggy backed from the switch to the battery monitor and USB socket.
So the ciggy socket is permanent live, and the battery monitor and USB socket only work when switch is operated.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130873093209?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

John.

Looking for some more advice when installing the 12v socket / tester as shown by @Neckender.
I've purchased a socket / tester as shown below and intend to install this on the drivers seat base. I'm hoping to complete this over the next few days and just wondering:
- how is the connection made to the battery?
- I'm planning on using 20amp cable for the whole job, as this is what I have, but for installing a similar setup as neckenders, what size fuses should I be using? Can't find much information about what the various sockets can draw.
- how did you secure the socket securely to the seat base?
Hope the questions aren't to basic. Thanks.

Hi @rikardo I wired as above as my unit was slightly different to yours as I had to install a separate switch, I cut out the back of the seat base and fixed with four black Japan screws. I think I put a 10 amp fuse to the ciggy socket and 5 amp fuse to the usb, switch and battery monitor supply.

John.

Ps fit yours slightly lower than I did as when the seat swivels and you have things charging the seat on mine just cleared.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I put a similar type of socket behind our passenger seat but replaced the plastic covers with flat pieces of board instead as it gave a lot more room for our dog to sprawl out there:

meter 1.JPG

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
@Neckender and @Minxy Girl thanks for your input. Next question. I've pulled off the cover at the back of the driver seat hoping to find an accessible place to break into the hab battery 12v supply. Unfortunately to my amatuer eye, nowhere seemed immediately obvious, so my question is, where should I be looking to break into the 12v supply to power these additional sockets please? Attached images hopefully show what I can see underneath the seat. Does the whole seat have to come off to get access to the terminals, or should I be looking at the electroblok side? Thanks.
IMG_20180118_153520[1].jpg IMG_20180118_153538[1].jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I attached my new 'seat' socket direct to the cab battery as I wanted to be able to use that rather than the hab batteries in case the hab ones were low so we could still charge stuff up etc (and also keep a more accurate check on the charge of the battery too), so I just took a cable from the new socket, under the passenger seat and down into the cab battery compartment in front of it with a fuse inline.

This is what Neckender did:

John.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi @rikardo yes I had to remove the drivers seat to do my install but I fitted an extra leisure battery at the same time, fitting to leisure battery you can monitor the state of charge.
It would be easier to run it from the cab battery as Minxy says as you just lift the cover by the passenger seat and attach your wires to said battery.
If you search seat removal you will find where all the seat bolts are.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back