Picking up the new 5ver

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by John The Foot, Aug 10, 2009.

1. John The Foot

John The Foot Read Only Funster

Hi everyone, my first post on here,my wife has posted a few times all ready. Leaving home town of Weymouth early o clock to drive to Calder Leisure,Edinburgh, for fitting of fifth wheel stuff to Aventura and pick up of our new Kountrylite 26RK. Its been waiting since arrival from the states for the guy's at Calder to get back from their summer break to have the usual UK thing done to it.Sat nav says 8.5 hrs drive but I think that suits my younger days when I would of done that easily in one go except for fuel and food. That was way back when I was a road manager for various rock bands and we had to be somewhere at given times,no excuses. Anyway will post again on my arrival in Edinburgh and let you know the progress of the new 5ver.:Smile::Smile:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi John, I hope the pickup goes well, tell us all about it when you get her home:BigGrin:

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

welcome to the fun . and an even more welcome as a 5er .its growing fast. there is alot of us out there, have fun, we do. cheers alan.

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

hope you enjoy your new 5ver and have many happy travels

5. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

From one Weymouthian to another welcome. :BigGrin:

Enjoy your 5er. :thumb:

6. Andy - V8 Diesel

Andy - V8 Diesel Read Only Funster

Welcome to fun site enjoy your 5ver its the only way to travel:thumb:

Love and peace Andy

7. robrobc

robrobc Read Only Funster

Welcome to the 5'er world...................it is great fun.........I hope that pick up and return go smoothly.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rob

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i used to live in weymouth ,well preston to be more precise near chalbury lodge. bungalow we lived in got knocked down a few years ago saw it being cleaned away on a visit. up the 5ers .

9. algill

algill Funster

Welcome and good luck with the 5er pick up. Hope you have as many happy hours in it as we have had in ours. :thumb:

Al and Gill

10. fuzzybo

fuzzybo Read Only Funster

Go John Go!

Page 1 of our Destinations Motorhome Journal now has some writing on it!
    The adventure begins.... Neat book by the way :thumb: glad we got one of those as it will save me having to print my own version and we have a few of those gathering dust.

Flying up on Thursday to co-drive back leaving on Friday if all goes to plan:Eeek: LOL

VWAlan....Hi! I used to live at 23 Littlemoor Rd! can't think which bungalow was knocked down though...?

Many thanks to all those who have put our minds at rest over a few things during this process and now we can't wait to get the Mothership on the road!:BigGrin:

Look after my darling Annie (JRT) John and make sure she doesn't get the wanderlust cuz Scotland isn't nearly far enough for her!

11. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Small world really,, all these Weymoth folk,,

We used to live at 127 preston road, just past Chalbury round about.. Now residing just off Wyke Road.

I think the house bungalow that was knoced down might be part of the old Chalbury Lodge complex,, or one just on the right that was knocked down and a new one built, up Littlemoor road.

Hope all you folk buying 5ers enjoy them as much as I did in the short period we had it..:thumb:

12. robrobc

robrobc Read Only Funster

Am I to assume Mo that the past tense indicates that you are now "sans" rig?

In which case I guess you are back to the MH then.

Bon voyages to you all

Rob

13. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Calder 5er

Welcome JTF
    I and a cuple of others on this site have a 26RK so may be of help if there is anything you are confused about. Also some small things that Calder may or may not mention.
    Tape over rubber stops on rear bumper or you will lose them.

Chip the Navara
    Check 5er tyre pressures
    Drawers fit correctly and are in line
    Change the standard bed to pocket sprung
    Hand break is not binding and works
    Tie a strap around the steps, they can bounce out
    Sticking slide windows
    Get your own waste hog, theirs is too big
    Obviously check everything works especially electrical
    There are others but do not spring to mind at present

Overall though we are very pleased with ours and having done 3,000 through Europe
    it has done what it says on the tin, no regrets at all.
    JK

14. fuzzybo

Chalburyians Rule even ex pats!

It really is a very small world....it doesn't seem to matter where you go you always seem to run into someone from work or your neck of the woods.
    Went to Spain once and had a day out in a little village not far from our hotel and one of the first people I saw was a guy from the kitchens at Herrison Hospital where I also worked....good job I wasn't up to no good!

15. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Whats that all about mate? Our bed base and matress weighs a flippin' ton!:Eek!:

"Hand break is not binding and works" Tell me about it!!!!!!! Dammed near had flames!

"Sticking slide windows" Mine too.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  16. fuzzybo

Thanks Jackomet

Have noted these especially the steps! We have bought a Raskelf tempur-like overlay for the bed which functions better with a firmer base but will certainly take your advice if it doesn't do the biz.
    John chipped the Navarra and that's much improved.
    He's taken his laptop - can't live without Beer Mountain:Rofl1:so he will see your list and do as you advised. Many thanks

17. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi, i lived next to an old peoples home in wyke oliver rd .my mum worked there my dad was a porter in herrison hospital. cant think of the name of folks home. i remember the govnors were a mr blundel (blundel rulers )and an old lady who lived by the swannery in weymouth in an old mansion ,bit freaky when i was young. there was some old barns on preston rd just by were i lived. late 60,s. remember sat night in thedance place on pier. and dad drinking in the embassy pub at overcombe. freds disco under one of the town bridges. must go getting tears in my eyes laughing. some tough lads in littlemoor (the girls were as well). cheers alan.

18. fuzzybo

Omg

What a hoot!
    Abbeyfield was the name of the Elderly folks home and I used to spend hours in the old farm buildings opposite with my friends. I worked at Herrison for about 18 years so probably knew your Dad, now I work on a unit for people with dementia and challenging behaviour.
    I was banned from going to Littlemoor because of the "Ruffians" [that would be classed as racism now] and disco was probably MR. Freds' by the harbour.
    Do hope us Prestonites can meet up one day for a cider [or whatever your poison] and a laugh about the old days!

19. vwalan

vwalan Funster

you got it. in the garden of old folks home we used to enter underground tunnels for the stream n come out right by the sea on lodmoor.they were building the estate behind the barns at the time. any of you going malvern this w,end? hopefully leaving tomorrow.have fun alan.

20. chaswb100

chaswb100 Read Only Funster

Glad after your reservations you are about to collect.Enjoy your Kountrylite.

Chas