Pickering

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by bandit 1, Jul 14, 2009.

1. bandit 1

bandit 1 Read Only Funster

Is anyone else going to Pickering.. Have booked on with Warners under Motorhome Fun but will they have a stand on the Rally Field??
    :Sad:

2. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

If I can find the spot I will be there. Last year couldn't find them so parked up behind fire brigade and the entertainment hall. Still enjoyed the weekend.:Rofl1:
    Hope to see you there.

Don

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I think there are only a few Funsters attending Pickering. York used to very popular but no one seems to be interested now they have changed the venue to Pickering. I've not been to Pickering, why is it so unpopular?

This year Newark, Peterborough, Newbury, and Stratford have been very busy with more Funsters attending than most, if not all, other clubs. Maybe its just that time of year, and people have already done enough shows and are touring rather than sat in a field and buying yet more melemine crockery:BigGrin:

If you are one of the handfull going to Pickering, have fun:thumb: And please report back and tell us what it was like, it might encourage more to go next year:Smile:

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Pickering itself is a very nice town with a fair bit to do and see, including one end of the North Yorks Moors Railway. We go there reasonably frequently, living not too far away, though never been to the showground.

There can be a problem at weekends and other busy times, though, in that the roads can become very crowded with long tailbacks - true of both Pickering and Malton (the showground is on the road between them) - and I think that might put people off.

We decided not to go to camp there as we have too much on this month already - though a day visit is still a (remote) possibility.

Graham

5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

I think this is probably the most likely explanation, I know it is with ourselves. We are just too busy being away to fit Pickering in. Although I have been accross the m62 today and loads of dealers taking their vans off to prespective buyers, one over took me on trade plates at 85+mph:Doh:

As for Pickering? it is one of y favourit parts of Yorkshire, very nice and worth a visit.:thumb:

6. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Hi we are going to Pickering as it is almost on our doorstep.We went for the day last year and enjoyed it so we are making a weekend of it this year arriving Friday AM.Hope the weather stays dry or if not maybe we get to use our snow chains for the first time-will let you know next week-Sue and Steve

7. Zepp

Zepp Funster

I pick my motorhome up in the morning and I plan to go as I have a few extra's I need fitting at show

Pickeing up silver Dethleff tag axle in the morning.

Im mobile at the moment so I maybe not back on line for a while

Paul

8. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi we will be at Pickering Fri to Mon, good show last year hope to have a good buying trip as there are plenty of stalls to look at. Peter & Lynn:thumb:

9. Dingray

Dingray

Hi there Bandit One,
    Heading there thursday,should arrive late afternoon/early evening, booked in to 'Fun' group so they must have a patch for us. After the show I am heading to' Silver Birches' at Barton-on-Humber for a few days then on to Pam's meet at Grange Park Scunthorpe the following w/e. Should make the long run down worthwhile.
    See you there,
    Ray

10. owlgirl

owlgirl Read Only Funster

We are going with friends, really enjoyed it last year and hope to again this year

11. gazznsam

gazznsam Read Only Funster

Hi everyone, Sam here.. we're going to the pickering show (heading out just before the weekend, as it's about 100 miles away from us.. :Eek!: lol

I've never been that far up past york before, so it'll be an eye opener for me. :)

I am looking forwards to it, as Gazz said he'd take me on the north yorks moors railway for a whole day, so to get about 3 goes on a nice steam train :D
    (and i hope he'll take me to the Eden Camp too.. as i love ww2 stuff :)

we'll have our smartie this time (smart car) so can get around better when it rains.. insted of riding around on my scooter getting soaked..lol

after the show we're staying out until my 27th! birthday which is on the 31st of july, cor.. 27 soon :Wacko:

hopefully we'll all have fun at this show.. and i'm going to try and bump into Freddie Star, as i loved watching him as a kid! :Rofl1:
    so it'd be cool if i could meet him :BigGrin:

12. kevandmarg

kevandmarg Read Only Funster

Hi, we're going for the day on Saturday, it's not too far for us to travel. Anyone travelling around that area on Thursday may meet plenty of traffic because thats the day The Great Yorkshire Show ends in Harrogate.

13. dshague

dshague Funster

probably need this if it is raining

14. Venita

Venita Read Only Funster

Just returned from Pickering show after a great weekend. We will be back next year without question:BigGrin:

15. cpease

cpease Read Only Funster

we have just returned from Pickering all I can say is 'YORK RIP'

16. happycamper

happycamper Read Only Funster

back from pickering

just got back from pickering.

:thumb:a few mixed days with sun and rain. really enjoyed it and had mh tuned by wow tuning.

will be going again next year

17. Big Brian 56

Big Brian 56 Read Only Funster

Well been to both, York Rip ? Pickering was miniscule compared to York , seemed really amatuerish IMO , just look at the size of the entertainment marquee at York, I know the ground in some places left a bit to be desired, but think they are on with that.
    Will have a look when we go racing at York next week, tis only a spit from Rowntree !!:thumb:

18. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You trusted your pride and joy to a firm called WOW ?

I picture spiky gelled hair do, gold chains and a patter taught him by Dellboy.

19. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Hi Spent the weekend at pickering,this was our first stay at a show and won,t be the last.THe toilet and shower facilities were spotless emtied at least twice a day,all the ground staff were friendly we will certainly go again next year,thinking of going to Lincoln as we have family in the area-Sue and Steve:BigGrin:

20. owlgirl

owlgirl Read Only Funster

We had a fab time at Pickering loved every minute.