Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
do we have to book the wartime dance or have you got something else organised and i take it that we have to book our train tickets also

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Paul , nothing special planned with this one other than a few bacon veggie butties on Sunday , or sure we will go to the dance , understandably I'm a little busy at the moment will look at it later,

Glad your booked on, btw The jet stream is moving for October so surely the weather will be fine :Eeek::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
don't know about the weather later in the year lots of stormy days ahead before then
should be off to cornwall a week on saturday might not be going there either at the moment bit of limbo could be days or weeks we will see what happens before then might make our trip to tunisia in september for our 25TH silver wedding anniversary although it sounds bad of me to say that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Paul

We are pulling out of this one so make make room for the reserve

thanks Leanne :Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
As you know Paul , we have to cancel this due to work commitments . Hope you all have a good time
We'll meet again , dont know where dont know when ..................:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Paul

Just seen the post with the attached NYMR booking form and the inflated camping fee. So can you please take us off your list as I begrudge paying £45 when there are no facilities provided apart from water and elsan disposal :Angry::Angry::Angry:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Paul

Sorry will not be attending Pickering War weekend so can you please take our names off, and let one of the reserved have our place. Oh and can you please remove 12 Volt also.

many thanks
Andrea

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
Hi Paul, Clive and I will have to pull out of this one as we will be sailing the boat back from Oban to Newcastle and may not make it in time. Hope to see you at the next one.
Liz

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ok thanks for letting me know those of you ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will move and mix names around when I get a chance.

Ken, it's not about the camping, it's about the entertainment on offer as well as the atmosphere of course, and the price was in the original thread.

I'm sure those of us going will have a great time. :Smile:

I know that Nikki and I will for sure and just a great chance to meet up with others. :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ok, with so many people changing their minds about this one, Ill start again.

here's the revised list.

Plenty of time left too book yet or now space to be added if you wish to go.

1) Haganap
2) Ambilkate
3) Tonka
4) Smudger
5) Drago35
6) CLS
7) Paulusthewoodgnome
8) Pammy&Geo RV
9) TonySantana&Ruth RV
10) Dingray
11) Artona
12) Jaygee
13) Hycon
14) Monsi
15) Madmark 62
16) Scran
17) Raysalaugh
18) Detnor.
19)Mitch
20) Travelsrus
21) Kickstart.
22) Motorhomelover

The dates are the 12th to 14th of October 2012

fortunately I have also arranged a last bit of Autum sunshine as well.

The event takes place along the North Yorkshire Railway.

This event is said to be a spectacular place to go with many getting in to the swing of things and dressing up in their 1940s gear to make it a real step back in time.

It looks like an awful lot of fun.

Prices are currently being negotiated but stand at £45 for the weekend for 9 meter by 5 meter pitch. RV's are the same price, as now negotiated, camping is for Friday Saturday and Sunday nights. The camping is at the Pickering showground whereby toilets and showers will be available. However there will be no electric but generators will be welcome.

There will be a FREE shuttle bus running between the camping area and the town of Pickering throughout the event. From there the Train can be picked up to the relevent stations with various further activities.
There will be a dance on the Friday and Saturday evening and many many other trade stands and events going on.

The event it'self is of course in one of the most outstanding beautiful areas of Great Britain.

For full details of the event please log on here and see what you can expect.

Link Removed

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
For those still thinking about it, I've managed to find his additional information, showing events right outside your van :winky:

Feb 20, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5yrs
Hi - we've booked via their site for the 3 nights and also the one day rover Pickering - Whitby for Saturday.

Hoping for good weather - but looking forward to the meet.::bigsmile:

Chris & Graham

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Just a Quick Bump with a list of those that are paid as far as I know.

Obviously there will be plenty paying as we get closer, not paid meself yet :Blush:

If you are able to when paid please add yourself.... (highlight the names, copy, paste ) many thanks.

PAID AND READY FOR WAR
Haganap
Paulusthegnomeswood
Drago35
TravelsRus

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Important information

For various reasons, Nikki and I will not be in a position to host this meet this year. I would ask if anyone would like to step up and put there name to it? The work is pretty much all done, I have emails etc from the organisers regarding our larger units.
At worst I would imagine those already down to be joined by a few others and just ensuring you can get together and enjoy yourselves.

We apologise if anyone feels let down, however as said, we have our reasons.

pinkgin

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto
Exp
15 + years,
For various reasons, Nikki and I will not be in a position to host this meet this year. I would ask if anyone would like to step up and put there name to it? The work is pretty much all done, I have emails etc from the organisers regarding our larger units.
At worst I would imagine those already down to be joined by a few others and just ensuring you can get together and enjoy yourselves.

We apologise if anyone feels let down, however as said, we have our reasons.

Hi Lynn, please refer to Paul's earlier post.

Thanks.

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Unfortunatly we cannot commit to this meet at the moment :cry:

Thanks Mark

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
We wont be able to make this meet so could you please remove us from the list thanks Gray.

pinkgin

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto
Exp
15 + years,

Can people please read this and stop Posting and pming that you wont be making it. As far as we are concerned this meet is cancelled and has been removed from the Callander for sme time, there is a few attending that may get an impromptu get together including ourselves although unlikely :Doh:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Did send haganaps a PM just to say that we are not able to attend this meet as do not think we will be back from our European tour in time..... whoever is organising it can you please ensure that we are taken off the list. Thanks...

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Just had my shift's changed tonight - can't make it now sorry.:cry:
I've now got to go home and tell my wife - not going to be easy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back