Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
Hi everybody
Not been on for ages but just had to tell Jim we have finally taken the plunge and changed our European van for an RV. We (My other half that is!) were worried about the size of the RVs but finally settled for a 28ft model as a compromise.
WE are collecting it tomorrow and bringing it home - a drive of about 250 miles - so he will have plenty of time to get used to it and by tomorrow night should be an old hand and will probably be saying he doesn't know what he was worried about and wanting a bigger one soon.
We were hoping to book on the motorhome fun field for pickering but there's no mention on the calendar - is anyone going?

We also need some advice about leveling jacks etc.
cheers

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Hi, and happy new motorhome. Bet you can't sleep tonight with excitement!
We are going to Pickering and I know at least a few other vans are going but there dosen't seem to be a lot of interest in this show for some reason.
Have a great day tommorow.

Soundman

OP
OP
dundreamin

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
We were a bit unimpressed about the site and approach to the showground when we went there last year I must say. We actually did say we wouldn't be going this year because of the disappointing site compared with YORK.
However, there are quite a few things we need for the new van and it will be easier to research and buy them at a show due to the lack of american rv places up in yorkshire.
WE are also thinking about going down to malvern for the first time this year.
cheers:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
malvern

we are going to malvern also for the first time so should see you there we were in the same frame of mind as yourselves about getting rv and it would have been the 28 footer we were looking at so can we pick your brains about this at malvern ::Cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Congratulations on getting an RV :thumb::thumb: Don't forget to check in to the RV Owners Club

We don't have too much interest in Pickering, but it looks like there will be a few Funsters at Malvern:Smile:

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
We are booked in for Pickering and looking forward to it, we thought on thw whole they did a good job there last year -it was their 1st one after all.

Believe me dealing with the owners of that place isn't the easiest of things to do , been there wearing T shirt!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I hope there will be a few Funsters at Pickering... after having so much fun at Newbury and not being able to get to Stratford or Malvern I was beginning to look forward to it...

JJ

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we want to go to pickering, but things holding us back at the moment,

need to get em sorted soon, as we have to bloomin well book by the weekend (20th the pre-booking closes i believe), or will be stuck in the general area again,

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Pre-booking on this event closes at 09:00 on 26 Jun 2009.:Smile: so you have 6 days more than you thought. We are in the same boat at the moment & will have to wait until the last moment to book.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Pre-booking on this event closes at 09:00 on 26 Jun 2009.:Smile: so you have 6 days more than you thought. We are in the same boat at the moment & will have to wait until the last moment to book.

ohh goody, every extra day counts at the moment, one is a reason of money, almost spent up this fortnights money, so having till next week means i'll have the dosh for the fees (even if they are a bit rich... it was 3 quid more for the entire week at stratford)

with a bit of luck i'll have sold the bike, and have the smart car trailer,
and as long as that darn benefits compliance thing has been sorted out by then, i can stay up in the north yorks moors area for a week or 2 after the show, and show sam what a lovely area it is, show her where heartbeat is/was filmed, take her on the nym railway, do eden camp and so on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back