Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You are the first to show an interest Pickering, we need a Rally Marshal for this show, any volunteers?

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
I can't believe we are the only people going to Pickering!:Sad:
Perhaps it's going to be the "Billy No Mates Club" for us then:Doh:

Soundman

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
York was a busy show with lots of traders and ralliers, Pickering not so, I don't know why. I've never been to Pickering, why is it not as popular?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
If I am not mistaken, last year was the first year. It was preceded with heavy rain and a number of shows including NFL. Ground was a mess and a lot of bad feelings put out. Date has been moved forward, hoping to avoid any bad weather. Plenty of vehicle displays, poor on stall's. Poor layout. Hoping for better things this year.
:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If I am not mistaken, last year was the first year. It was preceded with heavy rain and a number of shows including NFL. Ground was a mess and a lot of bad feelings put out. Date has been moved forward, hoping to avoid any bad weather. Plenty of vehicle displays, poor on stall's. Poor layout. Hoping for better things this year.
:thumb:

dont hold your breath....:Doh::cry:

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
were thinking of going to the pickering show, would like to be in that area as sam's never been on the north yorks moors railway, and wants to see aidensfield (goathland) and be taken to a secluded spot on the moors for...erm, :Blush:

never been to the pickering show, heard it was a big disapointment last year, york was always a good show, but the weather never cooperated, we turned around and went home the year there were queues 10 wide and about 50 long in each to get towed in by the tractors, and once on you stayed put... you were sunk to the axles anyway,

It really seems that the first and last shows of the season are the best... or used to be, peterborough and used to be the shepton mallet show always had the best selection of traders,
the ones in the middle were pretty naff unless you were after a new van, stratford is a bit like that, but at least it's a lovely place to be, we go there more for the location than the show as i'm sure a few others do.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
stratford is a bit like that, but at least it's a lovely place to be, we go there more for the location than the show as i'm sure a few others do.[/QUOTE]

i go to the shows for the FUN with the FUNSTERS:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
I agree about the fact that York was indeed a great show having attended every show from the beginning, however everybody had a downer on Pickering right from the start.
I attended last year and agree that the ground was in poor shape but overall I didn't think it was a bad show.
It sounds like the FUN club will be attending according to "Gonewiththewind" but maybe in small numbers!

Soundman

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i go to the shows for the FUN with the FUNSTERS:thumb::thumb:

well, we will be doing that too now, havent been in a club as good as this for a very long time (last one was the VWLT club, back when i was single, had an LT and a beach buggy)

Then women entered my life and it all went downhill from there :Doh:

The few times me and sam have been to shows over the past 6 years, we've been alone in the general area, a brief stint with another club that wasnt interested in shows (despite the great interest in the club at the shows we did go to)
so we'd kind of gotten used to treating the shows as a cheap-ish camping area, and exploring the general area around it more than paying attention to the show it's self.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Great stuff, Will Watch out for you:ROFLMAO: Shouldn't be that difficult with number of Funsters going.

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Pickering

I read on another thread here that MHF were looking for a marshall for Pickering.

I am hoping to be finished school for the summer by then so I may be able to 'Be There' to 'Meet and Greet'.

We were booked for Pickering last year but didn't go at the last meeting after hearing about the ground.

Haven't booked yet, but it is part of the overall plan.

June

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back