scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If they only have the one offical photographer then there can only be one culprit if the worse should happen.

Brian

Sadly, the worst did happen and it wasn't from pictures taken by a parent or official photographer .. but by a nursery school teacher, so IMO , banning parents from taking pictures of their own kids in school for fear they get into the wrong hands is throwing the baby out with the bath water.. and in the case I cited, the video was on sale with no restrictions on use.

Another example..
Charlotte visited a local fire station with the Brownies and asked me if she could take her camera to get a photo of the firemen..
I didn't hesitate and said yes, of course , but when she went to use it the brownie leader stopped her.. it's against Brownie rules.. how sad is that.

thanks to all who posted and for the excellent links .. :thumb:

cheers.. Jim

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Did anyone honestly expect to get THE DEFINITIVE answer on Motorhomefun?
happy snappin

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Wrong...wrong..wrong Harry.

The Small caims court is very easy to use and claims have an upper limit. Normally there are no legal fees win or lose... The idea is to give people legal redress so they do not have large Legal cost... If your claim is £25k up then it is heard in the High Court.. That can be expensive, but certainly not in the small claims court.. The issue fees are under £300 even for the max claimed... The fees come down to about £30 for a claim uder £150.00 and you get that from the otherside if you win.

Bob:Eeek:

Just to be clear the small claims court can be used if you are claiming less than £5000. Small claims are heard in the County Court. However the County Court has the jurisdiction to now hear any claim. Only very complicated or high value claims are commenced in the High Court.

if you brought a claim for £25000 or even £50000 in the High Court you would be transferred to your local couty court a bit sharpish.

Any claim over £5000 attracts costs risks in the County court making it potentially expensive unless you are using the small claims procedure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Slightly off topic but I understand that in Portugal people "own" the right to their own image unless you are deemed to be a "celebrity"...

JJ

Does that rule you out or in JJ?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Rules me out I should say immediately ::bigsmile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
In the UK you can shoot what you want in most cases if you are on public property. There are exceptions, certain employees of her majesty can restrict you taking photographs of them whilst doing their work. You could stand on the pavement and photograph someone leaving their front door but you could not stand on the same piece of pavement and photograph them through their bedroom window, you could be deemed a peeping tom

As to using them on th einternet, as long as you ahve taken them legally I cannot see the problem unless you use them in such a way as to make people believe they were doing something that would damage their reputation

stew

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
In English law you do not own your image hence the paparrazi, unless its taken under conditions when you can reasonably expect privacy, such as bedroom, bathroom etc but that isn't because you 'own' your image its a matter of your right to privacy

rogerrichards

Free Member
Sep 15, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
It's not so much the taking of the photograph, but the publishing.

If you were to take a picture of a group of youths hanging around a street corner and titled it 'Street scene on Dead End Road' - you would be ok.

If, on the other hand you used it to illustrate an article on drug abuse you would imply that the people in the photograph were drug users - for which you could be sued.

Incidental 'live' background music recorded on your videos is a another ball game :Sad:

Roger

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back