Photos + GPS data = record of travels = another hobby!! (1 Viewer)

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I've bought a camera with GPS, so that I can record where pics were taken and assemble them into holiday journals; a new hobby. First part is easy, getting multiple photo's into an application that will assemble a journal is tricky bit Picasa does individual pics locations but can't find way to do multiples.
I think there must be a "funster" doing it somewhere out there?
I'm working on a Mac, so may be an issue,
regards
alan b

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Alan,
I use a Mac and I'm running a public beta version of OSX10.10.3 which includes a beta version of Apples's new 'Photos' package, it does all you've suggested. You can get a copy here. (y)
Been playing with t for a few days and does seem very good at organising your pics chronologically.
Hope it helps.
Cheers. Terran

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Do you want to end up with an actual book? If so and you're using a Mac then iPhoto is the easiest way. Go to File>New Book and there are lots of options. Then when you're done click Buy Book and Apple produce it for you and charge your iTunes account. It's not very expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
yellabellyex

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Do you want to end up with an actual book? If so and you're using a Mac then iPhoto is the easiest way. Go to File>New Book and there are lots of options. Then when you're done click Buy Book and Apple produce it for you and charge your iTunes account. It's not very expensive.
No, I just want to be able to assemble a journal. Maybe I'd use "Pages" to present it nicely, but not planning on putting them on a shelf................but now you mention it!
cheers
Thanks also Terran; I'll have a look at latest iPhoto

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back