PhotoID type licence ? Best read (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just a small reminder........... Most folk will know about this and will take suitable action, but......................

If you have a photo type licence it needs to be renewed every ten years
If you look closely you will see it has a sell by date on it !!

A good many folk fell foul of the law in the past couple of years as the first ones were issued just over ten years ago now

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
I was once asked if I wanted a photo ID.

My answer was in the negative.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
the plastic card is not your entire licence ...it needs to be accompanied by the A4 paper part as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
This much debated subject has been on the board before.

Actually it's only the photograph which should be renewed every ten years. The licence itself is still valid. DVLA are supposed to send out reminders but they don't as my photo went out of date four months ago and i've never heard anything from them. No problem though as I have a valid driving licence.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/DG_068315

Date of licence issue, photo expiry, issuing authority (4)
The date shown in 4a is the date the photo is valid from. 4b shows either the date the photo expires (driving entitlement is valid until 70th Birthday) or the date entitlement expires (medically restricted and over 70 licences).

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Just a small reminder........... Most folk will know about this and will take suitable action, but......................

A good many folk fell foul of the law in the past couple of years as the first ones were issued just over ten years ago now
I have recently renewed both mine and my wifes,cost £20 each and they are VERY particular about the photo you send, it is like the passport, the photo you send has to be dead right I.E. size brightness ,no hair over the eyes etc.:cry::cry:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
...they are VERY particular about the photo you send, it is like the passport, the photo you send has to be dead right I.E. size brightness ,no hair over the eyes etc.
No problem.
Just send this photo in and tell 'em you 'got religion' and they will deliver it to your door personally. :Smile:

312e1oz.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back