Photographers' rights? (1 Viewer)

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
I upload a few photos to Adobe Stock and Shutterstock and earn enough for a beer every six months. :)

They are very strict and if any face could be recognised you have to have permission from that person in the form of a Model Release. I had to sign one for my dog recently for a commercial shoot! The result is I can't use many images taken in streets as the people in them could be recognised.

The same also applies to notable landmarks. For example, you can post on here a photo of the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao but try using the same image in an advert and expect a knock on the door if you don't have permission to use the image even though you took it.
Hi DBK.As a retired 'freelancer/Reportage/magazine snapper,i have thousands of images that i would like to use or send to an agency.Mostl on 6x4 prints but also on neg's & tranny from my Mamiya Pro two and Cannon EOS 1100D on SD card.
Could your experienced mind advise as to it would be worth contacting an agency,if so which & how please .??

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi DBK.As a retired 'freelancer/Reportage/magazine snapper,i have thousands of images that i would like to use or send to an agency.Mostl on 6x4 prints but also on neg's & tranny from my Mamiya Pro two and Cannon EOS 1100D on SD card.
Could your experienced mind advise as to it would be worth contacting an agency,if so which & how please .??
If you mean a photographic agency I can't help as I've never used one. The top site for selling photos is probably Getty Images but they don't allow anyone to join. You can apply but you would need your own website on which they could see your work. Essentially they only seem to deal with successful professional photographers.

Adobe, Shutterstock and Picfair allow anyone to upload images. You just open an account and start uploading but what you may not have are the keywords embedded in the file. For example if it's a sunset then you would use words and phrases like "sunset, evening, sky, clouds, red sky, horizon" and so on. The idea is to help people find your images. This can be done manually on their sites but this is a pain if you want to upload to more than site, which you should. I use Adobe Lightroom to add them to the image and then you won't have to do it again.

There are YouTube videos, especially for Adobe Stock, which are worth watching. Mostly they are after high quality images which means your prints etc are going to have to be scanned using a high resolution.

Here's one guide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back