phones and internet in France

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Sep 15, 2014.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

been in France 10 days now and have the basic £15 a month 3 pay and go ,feel at home thingy and never been anywhere that I hadn't got a signal ,had it on roaming all the while ,used it for calls, texts and internet ,on it now, and no extra cost for anything, if only it would tether it would be fantastic, no need looking for WiFi or dongles or owt, just does what it says on the tin.o2 comes up a good second £1.99 a day for as much data as you need and it will tether

2. Ninovan

Ninovan Funster

I'm in France at the moment, been using mifi with 3 no problem anywhere. The wife has a 3 dongle which was ok for the first night then refused to connect at all. Odd!

3. chaser

chaser Funster

someone posted that they were connecting to Byron or something similar,we've never seen that on our phones just the usual ones and we have come the length of the country and its the same one on o2

4. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Also in France. Just use the Internet once a week along with a couple of hours text and phone calls. Vodafone charge £3 per day but all other charges come off my free use at home in the UK. Wi Fi in France appears to be a modern joke and free Wi Fi is rare. Happy with the Vodafone rip off for now as the connection is always fast and reliable.

5. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

In France a lot of Tourist a Info offices of either free wifi or €1. Mc Donald's free wifi. More bars and cafés also provide wifi.

• Like Like x 1