Phew! Finished at last

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by captain, Jul 26, 2014.

1. captain

captain Read Only Funster

It's been a hectic Year, 2 new granddaughters, building works under-way after all the struggle with planners, and generally chasing around here in sunny Barnsley but had a couple or three of weeks of....Bye! eck! that was some LeTourYorkshire!

Well I've taken some time out only in the last few days and the result is Captains French Adventures is finished well part 1 that is [​IMG]
    It's been edited, re-written in places...Proof read....sleepless night re-writing bits....gone a bit bald! My dyslexic frustration got the better of me at times, we almost got the solicitors on the phone for a divorce
    I will be doing the last 2 cartoons tonight and that's that! ready for uploading and fingers crossed everyone likes what I have done!

I hope to have a book signing at Sue's Tea Room and also get the local paper to do a piece.

this is the finished manuscript! the cartoons are under wraps [​IMG] couldn't show these yet!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Well done and good luck (y)

3. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Have you managed to find a publisher, or an agent, to take it on??? I wrote a novel some years ago, couldn't find anyone to even look at it. No agent, no publisher. No previously published stuff, no agent. Was quoted £800 for 'vanity publishing'. Manuscript still under the bed!!

4. captain

Tha
    Thanks David,
    I need all the luck I can get!

5. captain

No haven't tried, I am going down the self publish route. got a great couple of books on the subject and the marketing side. I have had some good response from people who have seen parts with the cartoons. One chap who writes for the Sunday Telegraph sports section had a good laugh at the cartoons and text that goes with them so finger crossed.

Iv'e enjoyed doing the whole thing and that's the buzz even if I only give some away and sell a few I will be happy!

Captain

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Good luck to you. (y) Just make sure that THEY HONOUR THEIR AGREEMENT to you, and that your work IS distributed!!! :)

7. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

As I understand it self publishing is much easier now than before courtesy of Amazon's Kindle, who will publish almost anything and wait and see who buys it.

8. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

You can self-publish on Kindle for free. The royalties are not great and there are specific rules about how you type it up so it keeps its formatting. Kindle call it direct publishing, they also do real paper book publishing too but that comes at a price. https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A37Z49E2DDQPP3

• Like Like x 1
  9. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

As I understand it the trick is to get a good number of Kindle sales under your belt and then real publishers are much more likely to give you a deal