Phablet ordered

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Feb 28, 2015.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Its spec looks fine, but do you really want a phone as big as a table mat.
    My opinion is that phones and tablet computers have different requirements and any thing that claims to be both will probably not be very good as either. The same applies to cameras, a phone or tablet can be used if nothing else is available, but won't be anything like as good as a proper camera.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chaser

chaser Funster

Yeah understand that, what I am after is a tablet that I an install kodi on to watch TV in france, so what I want is to use the free data on my 3 sim if there is no wifi available but still be able to use my sim for phone calls without having to keep changing from tablet to phone.

4. chaser

chaser Funster

Camera of no interest

5. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

It looks good for what you want (y) I have an Asus Phablet which is bonkers to use as a normal mobile but we use it in the van over bluetooth and that's fine :)

The 'trick' which you have already worked out is that you can use your '3' phone card for data...................... we have been doing that for the last 2 years and although the 7in screen is a little smaller than other tablets it is actually quite big enough for watching films etc:D

We use ours for the GPS and also stream Radio 4 over the van speakers when abroad (y)

Enjoy :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1