peugot autoquest (1 Viewer)

jph1

Free Member
Oct 17, 2009
Funster No
when using the van radio and cd when parked up does this drain the liesure or the van battery

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Van battery. We bought a cheap DAB radio (on eBay from Argos Clearance) which runs off mains or batteries. Doesn't take up much room and very good reception.

Graham

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
when using the van radio and cd when parked up does this drain the liesure or the van battery

It also automatically switches itself off after 20 minutes. I asked about this before, and I think a search may reveal some further discussion about overcoming this. The suggestion above is one solution, or replace the standard radio/cd with another unit, or fit an additional one in the habitation area.

I think there is also some wiring in the front upper lockers for additional speakers, and a connection needs to be made somewhere in the wardrobe, although I haven't investigated fully as I haven't yet felt like hacking the lockers about to fit speakers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:I left the cab radio on for thbree days whilst parked in a layby and it drained the engine battery to the point I had to get the RAC out to restart the engine.:thumb:
kennygd

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back